+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Delfim

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...crushing-Apple... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Samsung smartphone sales are now absolutely crushing Apple

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    That's an awful lot of first time buyers.
    Hope folks mature quickly so Apple can catch up....

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    HTC and Nokia are last ? is this accurate ? I mean if this is correct then Huawei and ZTE are selling as much as Sony. hard to believe.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    That's an awful lot of first time buyers.
    Hope folks mature quickly so Apple can catch up....
    I wrote Ben Bajarin and told him that "mature" is outdated. Both in context and form, especially regarding smartphone usage. He should have used "fickle" which I've been advocating for quite a while. Ever since I owned a HP years ago. Almost last century...
    Because that´s what it is. Fickleness. And that´s good for any modern tech stuff the manufacturers choose to push out to us.
    Now you Jay, aren't showing any of your characteristic swagger when you use Bajarin definition of smartphone usage and choice. I would expect some other type of comment like, lets say, "tired" , "fed up", "ancient" and so on. That would be original. Even "fickle", come to think of it...
    Apple folk don't have the need to catch up. It seems eveyone else is still in the process of doing it. Android on the other hand has caught up, and to lend a term from Bajarin (nope, the term isn't yours) it took quite a long while to "mature". Almost 4 years. Now that was a slow evolution wasn't it? But heck, Android made it.
    And now it's time (in the tech world) for it to mature as well.
    Since I consider myself "ahead" in the perception of what the smartphone world becomes, I'll stick to my original exclamation - "I am fickle." This allows me to be "in", to be "mature" and immature". It allows me to be "opened minded". Yeah, that sounds good.
    So, I'd rephrase your statement into this:

"that's an awful lot of first time buyers.
    Hope folks "become fickle" quickly so "they don't need to" catch up."

That would be our Jay!
    Last edited by Delfim; 07-24-2013 at 06:18 AM.
    jfcooley likes this.

+ Reply to Thread