+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Specs are pretty impressive. Kinda hard, though, as discussed in other threads, to come up ... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Advertisement

Specs are pretty impressive. Kinda hard, though, as discussed in other threads, to come up with a new and fresh hardware design. I mean, there are only so many ways to spin a rectangle.

I have to see this thing in person to make any comment on the exterior design.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    There's one thing that peeves me. And that's the lack of ability to recognize something worthwhile. Really.
    I tell you, being a i4S, i4 and iPad owner -3 of them, plus a Mac Air I get upset with so much narrowness.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    There's one thing that peeves me. And that's the lack of ability to recognize something worthwhile. Really.
    I tell you, being a i4S, i4 and iPad owner -3 of them, plus a Mac Air I get upset with so much narrowness.
    Easy there, big fella. You know your PS buds are just razzin' you 'Droid types.

Besides, we'll expect nothing less from the 'Droid faithful upon release of the next iPhone......or BlackBerry for that matter.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah you right Rog. But from experience it's never that serious...it's always the other way round.
    Firstly I think we all should read what it does. It's a stepping stone for the future iPhone to develop and offer even better specs or features.
    Heck let's be constructive as well...

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    As opposed to the refreshing facelift the iPhone gets every year?
    The iPhone staying virtually the same for two years guarantees it wont get uglier. This did.

I expected more from Samsung.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    So I have been thinking about this, now that I have bounced around the web.
    I like the design, bit that may be because I liked the GNex and this is very similar.

I am not fond of the 3 tier memory thing. I hate that I wont be able to afford the 32 or 64. On the face of it that may not matter.

I'm not fond of the pentile screen, which is pretty much the same as the GNex with some tweaks. Quad wont hit the us unless Sammy has magic up its sleeves and can get the CPU to work with us LTE. So my guess is it will be dual core 1.4 here.

So it comes to the software, which is pretty cool. I am left wondering how long I will run stock though.

Looking at this, as it may appear in the US, I will get a 16gb quad core with new software bells and whistles. And a micro sd slot.

Del I like this device, but other than software (unless I am missing something) I am just as well off with a GNex.....

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    More than what the design is... its subjective. I was expecting something substantially different as well. But its a good looking phone nevertheless.
    What I'm really interested in are the feature incorporated into this phone. Simply amazing what it can do. One in particular, impressed me. On the video shown. Multitasking: you can be viewing a video or a photo, or listening to music, and simply touch the phone, swipe it and you'll have whatever you want over the video, the photo or wahtever you have running. Superimposed. No need to go into and out of the different apps. Thats something very cool.
    Now, whether we're capable of using them all, or even wanting to, is a different matter. There's nothing comparable available on the market today.
    Obviously all these features will be copied and improved upon by others, be it other Android manufacturers or even Apple. Added: Look at the HTC One X. What is really innovative in its features ? Nothing new there. HTC will have to pull thumb...
    And here lies the importance of all of this. No one can be complacent any longer.
    A simple facelift, or a slight improvement on the OS, will not cut it anymore.
    If someone wants to do better, it better pull up its socks. Way past knee height...
    And this is what makes me happy.
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-03-2012 at 05:41 PM.

I recognize that and agree.
    Was flipping through the unpacked app and realized some of the features I wont use. I don't like sharing as much as most.

That being said, I think my day has influenced my opinion. Once I get this stuff taken care of and can focus directly on the device.

Sorry for my lack of excitement. Its not due to the device...

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^You get better Jay. Take your meds and have that piping hot bath I told you.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Looking at the different comparison pictures posted I like the black model much better.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah I think the black one is the better one. But as fashion dictates, there will be the cyans, the red etc... Nokia started it and now all the others will follow. The power charging matt is going to be great. No wires. Probably an expensive accessory ...

What I'm more interested in, are the features. I think these are the real innovation. The looks don't impress me.
    Last edited by Delfim; 05-03-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Again, how much different can you make a rectangle look. Not much to work with there.

As for the mulltitaskiing, that's what RIM has done well for a long time and they showed their swipe technology the other day, which we now see in the SIII.

Gonna be an interesting few months.
    Last edited by RogerG; 05-03-2012 at 09:00 PM.

Well just got back home and preliminary tests say kidneys are fine, but I'm diabetic.

So a deal I made with the wife is to quit smoking but take the $5 a day and put into savings. When I have enough I can get a galaxy 3. The rest we save for life's little issues.

So...guess I will be seeing what sprint does. Got them to officially bump my upgrade up to May 18th.

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Smoking?!? Geez. Quit that shiz, son. I did 14 years ago and never looked back. Wish i'd never started.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast