+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

I'm all about redundancy when it comes to back ups. If one fails then there's ... Smartphone News forum

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA

Advertisement

I'm all about redundancy when it comes to back ups. If one fails then there's two more available.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I have a 64gb card...just because I can
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Metal was used in the original cellphone design. As I recall, two nutrition containers were joined by a length of twine and when stretched tight, communication was established. This remarkable device was a challenge to carry in ones pocket however, coining the phrase " call you when I can".....

PIN/ID
    wut?
    ...and those didn't have removable batteries either.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    I have a 64gb card...just because I can

Same here.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    I have no card in my 16gig S3, but simply transfer media over to my notebook (444gig hard drive). My 7" Nexus 7 doesn't even have a card slot. I agree they are redundant these days.
    I disagree about the redundancy.

Ask all the folks with a 16gb iPhone that had to delete a bunch of stuff in order to update to iOS7.
    I have all my music, videos, pictures, download files on my SD card. When I get a new device the only file transfer I have to do is pulling the SD card from the old device into the new one. Keep in mind that the apps you install and update all the time uses that storage too. And if your like my friends husband that has almost 100 apps (He has an Iphone 4s 16gb), you'll be wishing you had the expandable storage (and he does).
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I disagree about the redundancy.

Ask all the folks with a 16gb iPhone that had to delete a bunch of stuff in order to update to iOS7.
    I have all my music, videos, pictures, download files on my SD card. When I get a new device the only file transfer I have to do is pulling the SD card from the old device into the new one. Keep in mind that the apps you install and update all the time uses that storage too. And if your like my friends husband that has almost 100 apps (He has an Iphone 4s 16gb), you'll be wishing you had the expandable storage (and he does).

Many that "had" to delete stuff should have backed up and upgraded through iTunes. Documents that you view and download,mail,messages...etc. all that stuff takes up space. My friend thought she had to delete apps and music and pics. Nope. Just the junk. The only thing I have to do when getting a new device is restore from a backup. It's all there. Same as moving from an SD card. I don't see the benefit of having an SD card in 2013. Its something else to fail(ask Jay), and they're not good as a backup.

Your friend should have bought the appropriate size iPhone for his needs. That's why they make more than one size.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BHP, I also thought carrying around a 64Gb phone would be wonderful. Forget it.
    Firstly I don't have any "fart" apps. I also don't carry anything for offline reading. I know my music and all pics and videos is easily accessible and pretty fast these days to download or stream. But even these I don't have the time during the day to access. But its nice to know its available.
    So, why the heck do I need 32Gb or 64Gb of space on my phone? Just so I can brag about it?
    Ok. I'll brag about this rather. I habe 156Gb on GDrive and another 100 Gb or so Skydrive. On Dropbox its over the hundreds as well.
    I f I need to reset an iPhone or Droid - well you know, it's all there. Fast and easy.
    But I do feel sorry for Jay and his "athletic" provider Sprint. In his case, an external backup source is needed.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional

Stellar speeds.....this is at home. Just a little better in Charlottesville.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Geez, I would set those dogs of yours on them...!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Del, early in the morning speeds are OK. By 7 am its like that.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    I don't get it...I got blah blah blah in the cloud....Who cares. I got it on my phone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123