+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by Tech Idiot That's interesting. Sorry for being so naive (and a tech ... Smartphone News forum

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Idiot View Post
    That's interesting. Sorry for being so naive (and a tech idiot, LOL), but you can explain how that works? You take pics, videos, etc. from your BB device and you dump it to your laptop? Via dropbox? So do you have access to these things on the device? Thank you in advance.
    Lets take DropBox(because it's widely used). Once you've signed up for an account(Either through the app or web browser), You can have every photo and video(wifi only) uploaded automatically. They will still be available on your device but you can now view them from any internet connected device.

There are many options available to you. And depending on your needs, some may suit you better than others. I use DropBox and Box. But for two different purposes.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    BTW, you can upload through cellular automatically with dropbox as well.

I don't because it would take all year with sprint....

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    BTW, you can upload through cellular automatically with dropbox as well.

I don't because it would take all year with sprint....
    Opps. Yes. The way I posted that it looks like you can only load on wifi. You can only load videos on Wifi. Pics will be cellular or wifi. Thanks Jay.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    and add GDrive (Google) or SkyDrive (Windows). Like BHP says, different ones for different purposes. That's a luxury, right?
    I use GDrive and SkyDrive for all my docs - private and business - and I have them sync between each other and my PC (Mac and Windows). GDrive is my "mobile office" and SkyDrive just backs it all up as well.
    Dropbox is just for entertainment. Photos, videos, music.
    It looks confusing, but it's not. Pretty simple.

Not trying to be a smartass but you can upload both....

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA

Lol. You're not at all. It's a restriction placed on iOS devices apparently. Same as file name change. I can change the name on Android but not iOS. I have no idea why they do this.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?

You don't have to try J.It seems effortless for you.

just kidding....give me a break!
    jfcooley likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Control my friend...control.

That brings up one of my issues with Apple. What possible reason would they have for placing such a restriction? Especially if you log in from the web and can do it?

You may find fault, but at the very least I can change a file name to "timcook-peepeehead" if I wanna....

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Control my friend...control.

That brings up one of my issues with Apple. What possible reason would they have for placing such a restriction? Especially if you log in from the web and can do it?

You may find fault, but at the very least I can change a file name to "timcook-peepeehead" if I wanna....
    This isn't a iOS restriction. It's Dropbox. Has nothing to do with Apple.

OK, but why?

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    OK, but why?
    Don't know. I've emailed them and they said that they are working on it. That it will be in a future update. I've yet to see it. Every other cloud storage solution offers this simple task. Just not Dropbox. It's not huge to me. Most everything I upload into Dropbox is already labeled. Or doesn't need one. I use Box more than Dropbox. It's much better for what I use it for.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Well this is good news. Samsungs horrible plastic is an injustice to their awesome innards, and performance.

Why couldn't they implement the outside door slot like the Blackberry 9000? That was such a sweet feature, having the ability to take the sdcard out without messing with the battery cover. It worked flawlessly... I still use mine to this day.

Metal phone does not mean that you couldn't swap out a battery either, they just need to try harder and try to come up with something that works. They can implement a battery that slides in and out like the magazine in a pistol or something.... They can figure it out.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Well this is good news. Samsungs horrible plastic is an injustice to their awesome innards, and performance.

Why couldn't they implement the outside door slot like the Blackberry 9000? That was such a sweet feature, having the ability to take the sdcard out without messing with the battery cover. It worked flawlessly... I still use mine to this day.

Metal phone does not mean that you couldn't swap out a battery either, they just need to try harder and try to come up with something that works. They can implement a battery that slides in and out like the magazine in a pistol or something.... They can figure it out.
    I agree with you, but past devices proves that they know how to do it.

The first Desire HD was all metal with a removal battery from the bottom, the sim and MSD card was in the same area. Then you had the HD2 was also all metal with a removable metal battery door.

What pissed me off is that the OEM's act like they don't know how to give us a removable battery and MSD card slots with premium metal body design; when they have made devices in the past with those options.

Just like how they have a sim card tray, they can create one for the MSD card as well. I would like to see a remake of the HD2. Loved that device.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Those are from HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfim View Post
    Funnily that's not a concern for me anymore. In actual fact it's quite the contrary. I don't mind just 16Gb on board. The rest I dl or upload directly to my cloud accounts and when I need whatever I just acces it. Much easier, I think, and especially now with LTE at between 80Mbps to 100Mbps. Cards have become redundant.
    I'm using a S4. No card.
    I have no card in my 16gig S3, but simply transfer media over to my notebook (444gig hard drive). My 7" Nexus 7 doesn't even have a card slot. I agree they are redundant these days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast