+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ices-next-year... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Samsung to introduce flexible displays in devices next year

Advertisement

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    And I want to this why?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    so you can bend it. duh...
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ not only can you root the device, but then you can bend it to your liking. It'll will keep you busy. Instead of sending sms, you can fling them. E-mails as well, and you can bend it back to receive them. In Facebook if you don't like something you can twist it, and when you use the mirror app you can bend it to distort your face. Endless tickering !You'll enjoy it
    ALMOST FORGOT. If you drop it from shoulder height it will bounce back and snap at your ....(nevermind) !

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    There are apps for all those things. on my phone. I shake to clear my messages and so on. there are apps for making ourselves fat skinny zombies etc. If anything i want my screen to get larger not bend it and make it more cumbersome to look at. Why not come up with the idea to stretch rather than bend. "I'm patenting that idea, BTW" Carlos T.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    wut?
    rat,when we stretch it will it shrink back up? if not can we then fold it?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Fold it. That's it ! Keep it wrapped up for the winter. So it doesn't shrink with the cold.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i can see the booger flipping apps now...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Believe the idea is to mold to face when talking (better than curved glass I guess), fordable in pocket giving better storage etc. Also imagine bending it for panoramic pictures. I would imagine as well they are thinner displays, making devices even lighter and thus possibly larger. What isn't mentioned, and makes me wonder, are the tactile? I assume, but if not I'm seeing fewer users, maybe something 2 part where a paper thin screen in your hand and a handset of ear piece up to your ear.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    My question is won't this make an already abysmal battery life worse. I mean, how much battery can you get in a device that is that thin and flexible?
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Good point. Although you know ill argue abysmal. But not now

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I think the point is that it's "flexible", not that you will bend it that way. Think of the glasses equivalent. Yes, people bend them completely to show you how cool it is, but the point is that they don't break that one time you sit on them. This combined with gorilla glass, should virtually eliminate screens from ever cracking/being broken.I agree with you chokem -- when will they finally increase the batteries. Let's get those 24 hours batteries, that last -15-16 hours with everything turned on and full brightness.

Imagine the pcb and battery as a solid inflexible unit. You can pocket it, belt case, whatever. There you can maintain the usual battery options. The screen can be worn as a wristband. Someone would find this an interesting start point.

Imagine flex screens for camouflage. Bent on the inside of goggles or a curved cockpit. Imagine a screen that curves easily to assist handicap people in some way, or doctored, law enforcement.

Smartphones are just one application. There may be 100s that haven't even been thought of yet.

Seems like innovation to me......

xelena no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    26EAEAB9
    so are we also looking at a flexible 3D Screens??? this is cool, its flexible and (probably) unbreakable, unless one of the kids cut it with scissors...

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    I think the point is that it's "flexible", not that you will bend it that way. Think of the glasses equivalent. Yes, people bend them completely to show you how cool it is, but the point is that they don't break that one time you sit on them. This combined with gorilla glass, should virtually eliminate screens from ever cracking/being broken.I agree with you chokem -- when will they finally increase the batteries. Let's get those 24 hours batteries, that last -15-16 hours with everything turned on and full brightness.
    Gorilla Glass breaks just like every other form of glass. Why, because it's glass. :rolleyes:

I'm on the same page with Jay here, a lot of uses that aren't related to smartphones. As for smartphones, I don't know. Then again we all thought Blackberries were the end all until 2007, now look where we are.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast