+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-global-launch... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Samsung Galaxy S III to feature 4.8-inch display and ceramic back

Advertisement

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Oh my!Ceramic? As in like the composits used in tennis rackets all this years ago? Strong and light, but pricey?Hope I can afford this thing.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Don't worry Jay. It's not any higher than the SII when it came out. There's a threshold Sammy won't go over. Actually local speculation already places it at 659,00 Euros in Europe. That's exactly the same price that the SII fetched in 2011. Then there are the carrier prices which are greatly cheaper...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    My watch has a ceramic bezel and has held up very well. Done right it's very strong and scratch resistant.

Well I think ill get the $150 upgrade option (carry over for gold program that ended) plus whatever the S2 brings.

Thinking about passing the S2 to wife though. She isntt sure she wants a phone without a physical keyboard. Right now sprint only offers $110 for a S2.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Getting rid of the SII is difficult I know...but then, the SIII is going to be fab. I'll trade the Note for it - 4.8" is gonna be fab !

Even though the leaked official ICS builds have a few minor issues its great. Sprint offering the ICS skin through sprint idd is nice. Ivee switched to Nova for now so I can change icons.

GPS doesn't work and autocorrectt (see) loves to add an extra t at the end of words, signal meter a bit touchy and visual voicemail is just broke. Overall though (aside from VM) I haventt (sigh) had any force closes at deal breaking issues. Its beta....so I expect issues.

Its quicker. Smooth as well. Just gotta get used to those extra T's until final. Theres a new build out there that may solve issues. Either way it shows sprint is indeed working on it and getting close.
    rdills likes this.

+ Reply to Thread