+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...canning-sensor... Smartphone News forum

Article: Samsung Galaxy S5 rumored to feature an eye-scanning sensor

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    After using TouchID. Anything else seems clumsy and slow. I take this latest rumor as Samsung trying to shove another gimmick into their phones. Especially since they're playing major catch up to Apple now. Fingerprint sensors have been around for a while now. But it took Apple to innovate and make one that actually works in everyday life.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Next their going to have a feature that tells you if someone lying, or to tell if a chick boobs are surgically enhanced, and how big your johnson is.

Make the S5 metal first, then talk about adding these far fetched features.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Dear god, sir...

Why didn't they just do the same thumb print as Apple?

People don't use stupid **** like this.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Stupid is as Stupid does, just tell me one thing. WHY I'm with you on the idea of going metal first, copy copy copy. Samsung come up with your own innovative idea's. An eye sensor %^(*&)(&*)(

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Jeez, good thing Apple brought TouchID to legitimize fingerprint scanning...cause they make everything better....

Give me a break. All Apple did with the scanner is introduce a gimmick that calls for more gimmicks. I agree that it shouldn't be copied. Sadly it is.

This is nothing more than the industry providing crap to give users a false sense of security with Apple as the forefront of convincing users they need something they don't.

Eye scanners, face detection, fingerprint scanners....all useless. Go ahead and feels smug. Its a gimmick, only glorified by Apple...thinking different, and thinking for you.

BTW, Samsung, drop this bogging down of touchwiz with useless features. Improve speed and create an environment for users and developers to feel at ease using. Stop with the garish icons and 15 freaking layers of menus. Stop with the freaking gesture/eye/palm crap and keep Android as it should be. Just stop bastardizing what ever iteration is available.

I may not buy an S5, hell if this gimmicky crap from all sides keeps going I'll find a dumbphone.

If you guys want to see some software innovations look at small unpublished (in their respective stores) devs.

/rant

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Is my iPhone more secure with TouchID, absolutely. Did Apple invent the fingerprint scanner, absolutely not. Did they make it everyday functional, you bet your last dollar they did. Is that innovation? To the definition of the word. People that think discard it, haven't used it everyday. They discount it as just another "gimmick".

So how does TouchID secure my iPhone better than a simple passcode or a pattern unlock. It doesn't, that's the simple truth. It doesn't secure anything better than a complex password. There's nothing that can replace that. Anyone that says different is lying to themselves. What it does do however, is give the user convenience. The Android pundits will always bash Apple because of their video descriptions of what their tech does. They always make fun of them. There are plenty of spin offs of this on YouTube and we've made fun of them in here. But one thing holds true in what Apple says. "Technology is best used when it gets OUT OF THE WAY". And that's exactly what TouchID has done. It's taken something that is a pain to use(passcode) and made it something that you want on your iPhone. Instead of something that gets in the way of using your iPhone. That's innovation. That's what they did with the touchscreen, that's what they did with digital music. That's what they did with apps. That's what they did with tablets. That's what's they've done with multitouch on both mobile and PCs. Anyone that can't see that is blind to what has been accomplished.

Yes Jay, Apple did bring a legitiment fingerprint scanner to the market. Name someone else who did. You CAN'T. There are non. Motorolas crap effort that used tech that was years old failed. And failed big time. It was crap to use. Period. You can't deny that. Apples TouchID isn't a gimmick. It's a way to secure your iPhone with a passcode(complex) and still be simple and easy to use everyday. It's a HUGE piece of innovation in the mobile world, and EVERYONE on the Android and Windows side is moving as fast as they can to catch up. PERIOD.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    cool...can't wait

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Yaaawwnnn.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Give me my dunkable S4
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Yawn, but what I say is true. Can't argue that.

How do I unlock my phone in the dark?

Samsung needs to due the fingerprint thing, but lets hope they don't make the same mistake in placement like that silly HTC.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    with a key silly
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

planneau thinks we should use boobies to unlock phones.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nipples Cap. Nipples!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast