+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...xy-Note-Review... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Samsung Galaxy Note Review

Advertisement

PIN/ID
    Apple
    yea yea yea, Del I want to know what you think of it. You've had it in your hands.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    " From: Chris Davies at SlashgearAnd by me. I'll tell you why and how.

I had the Note with me this week-end, courtesy of a retailer, my friend Bruno at Dotbright.We (the missus and I) were invited to a typical country wedding. Up in the mountains. Beautiful country side, lots of green, rivers... Rich folk. Farmers. Good friends. And traditionally an affair like this goes on for some time. Saturday and Sunday. Eat, drink, sleep, eat and drink. And someone got married in the meantime. And I put on 4lbs. The missus says more, but I don't want to believe her. She exaggerates.

And there was me and my loaned NOTE. I took notes, tried everything there is to try on the new Sammy. And then Chris Davies at Slashgear took my notes and did the review. Drat. And he wasn't even there. I didn't see him.

So, while you read what he writes about this great frying pan of a smartphone (that's my definition) I'll interact (very little since I wrote most of it) , with Chris and print my opinions in bold italics. Got that ? Right let's get on with it"

Unless I read incorrectly, dels comments are in bold.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Cool. Didn't get that. Went straight to the artical. Thought it was all Slash gear review. Thanks Jay

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...let me add. Some comments are exaggerated to say the least. That was the mood I was in. The Note is actually, and really, a great product. Just a little too big for my liking in the sense that it's a new concept smartphone/pad ... and maybe, it's here in this sweet spot, that Samsung will have a winner. It's a niche. But it may work for Samsung.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    My question is how fast is app switching. The ability to write down quick notes is something I'm very interested in. I still carry a pen and a folded piece of paper with me at all times to quickly jot down notes. Multitouch gestures like the the iPad has(4finger swipe) to move between apps would be great. If I still have to press a button or hold a button then select the app. That's just too much for me. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but in the real world when you need to jot something down, typing and doing all those presses isn't very efficient. It's much much faster and easier to pen and paper it.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Note taking is fast and easy. The pen is accurate. But you can also use your finger. In the note you can add a photo, attach a picture from gallery.Share it, upload it, etc. What I did was simple. I didn't do more. The multi tasking requires you to hold the home button anpd then choose any other app.
    A further benefit I really enjoyed was the pen and what you can do with it. Doodle. Scribble. Comment on a document, jot a marking on a map, a picture etc. Even your calendar. Very useful. And its easy.
    Sammy has some other downloads available for use as well, specific to notes and the pen.
    Just try it out first. It's no iPad, but it comes very close. And its easy to carry.
    Last edited by Delfim; 11-09-2011 at 12:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread