+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by RogerG I haven't watched the video yet, but where does it say ... Smartphone News forum

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I haven't watched the video yet, but where does it say that the device is more dependent on the S-Pen?
    Maybe I'm wrong but every video that I've watched on it(need to update the video BTW,it's been taken down) shows all these news features being activated with the S-Pen. I haven't seen one yet that says I could get these without using it. All of the features listed in this article. S-Pen features as far as I can tell.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Seems kinda silly that apps and/or device would be so reliant on the pen. Gonna have to dig deeper into that, I guess.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP41 View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong but every video that I've watched on it(need to update the video BTW,it's been taken down) shows all these news features being activated with the S-Pen. I haven't seen one yet that says I could get these without using it. All of the features listed in this article. S-Pen features as far as I can tell.

I have to agree, I wouldn't want to be forced to rely on the S-Pen for too many tasks. Using one is not the problem, relying on it would be.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    It's too damn big. Pen or no pen. That's my gripe.
    If it's like the N2 or even the N1, the S-Pen is useful in certain apps. But even these apps aren't reliant on the S-Pen. Your finger will do. The S-Pen was for the finer stuff, like writing and letter recognition, or to highlight or make a pic or video pop up. Amongst other things. If they take these functions away (finger activation) then Sammy has made a big booby! Like Craig says, it's very handy for certain tasks, but not always. Crikey...
    Regarding the apps, and repeating what I always have said, there are TOO MANY. And how many of those does anyone use, is a good guess. But that's Sammy's play, always. Convince buyers about the features, and you've sold it. Not that you'll ever use it.
    I would prefer a less featured phone and a much more attractive retail price. Unlocked.
    But it's still too damn big!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12