+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...r-and-Betterer... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Biggerer and Betterer

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I'm sportin' a Sammie T139 flip phone until this puppy arrives on my doorstep. I do have an option to pick up a tweaked out HTC One, though. Jay? Del? Care to chime in on that?

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    The One isn't bad. Del will have a more favorable opinion than I do. Cassie loves hers, but if you're talking One or N3 then duh....
    RogerG likes this.

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    What I didn't like about this is the phone. If that is bad I'm not a buyer. Maybe a good old flip phone is the way to go. Going back to my 9900 seems to look better all the time

I'd try a demo first. Reviews are always subject to variables like signal/carrier. My s4 is clear and probably the one compliment I'd give Sprint.

Side note: Open signal app shows 4g showing in a small spot south east of me. Sprints data has sucked lately so I'm hoping we're seeing the beginnings of LTE expansion. Of course its up to nTelos......so who knows.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I'm sportin' a Sammie T139 flip phone until this puppy arrives on my doorstep. I do have an option to pick up a tweaked out HTC One, though. Jay? Del? Care to chime in on that?
    Nah, knowing you, you won't like it. That Sense UI overlay kills it, along with Blinkfeed.
    Anyway, since you're used to the Note 2, and even if the Note 3 is slightly larger, you won't feel the extra size at all. You'll appreciate it for its speed too. The HTC One doesn't match that. And the fact that you can shove a 64Gb card into it.
    Unless you like to hear music through the gadget's speakers. The HTC is tops. The Note 3 (a-la-Korean fashion) sounds really crap!
    It's a case of a small'n with a big'n and and a big'n with a small'n...that's life.

Yeah, good point. I had forgotten there's no removable battery cover on the HTCs. I didn't buy this 64gb card to have it sit in a drawer, and I rarely if ever listen to music without headphones or paired to a Bluetooth sound system, so the speaker is a non-issue.

I just don't know how long I can hold out with this dumb phone. lol

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Was at a store today that had a real on in the back but they didn't want to bring it out to show me. Funny thing was she tried to get me to pre-order one, told her I would have to see one first. She still didn't get the hint. Service in my town sucks, only 3G and it isn't very good so if this thing needs a good signal it's not for me

Guy at Target I know got to see one this afternoon when a Samsung rep stopped by. He liked it but didn't get to spend much time with it. According to him target won't have it for a little while longer.

+ Reply to Thread