+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...pple-iPhone-4S... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Samsung Galaxy Nexus versus the Apple iPhone 4S

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Nice to see pure Google OS and b0y does that screen appear large. I think Android users will like it. I would like to know what the pixels are on that phone? I would like to see a large number too.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ 4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Screen with 720p resolution

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    is that a tab or a phone?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I should have said Pixel Density

Why Density matters

E
    dit* Found it and it looks pretty good.

AnandTech

PIN/ID
    Apple
    ICS looks pretty good from what I've seen. I looks as if it may have finally caught up to iOS. We'll see once I can get my hands on one. Problem is, why in the hell do they need to make it a tablet???? For God sakes someone call the morons that design these things and remind them that they're designing a phone. I think they've forgotten.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm looking forward to ICS. Let's see what it comes up with. But I tell you BHP, size ...matters.I thought just like you too. It's too big. It's difficult to carry, etc. It's what we get used to over the years of use, that rules. But expect the screens to get larger. The probability of the new iPhone 5 hitting 5" is very high.
    Remember the preview on the NOTE ? I said no, never. It's too big ! Well, after a few days use I can't do without it... it's easy to carry. Thin enough to carry in your shirt pocket. And the benefits are all there. Fab browser that you really can read. Videos are fabulous, so are the pictures reading docs and editing, taking notes. Heck even checking the weather (BeWeather). Ok, the NOTE has the added S Note and S Planner, and all other apps dedicated to the usage of the pen which makes it great. But besides all this, it's the screen that's great. The size of it. Maybe it's me. But I really am grateful for the size.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    The probability of the new iPhone 5 hitting 5" is very high.
    if your inside info is correct,that might be the deal breaker for me getting an i5.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    But expect the screens to get larger. The probability of the new iPhone 5 hitting 5" is very high.
    How much larger can they get?? 5" is too big for a phone. I don't use a bluetooth headset and I have calls where I'm on the phone for up to a hour sometimes. I get tired of holding my iPhone up that long much less a 5" brick.

It's very unlikely that Apple will go to a 5" screen, the probability is low, not high on that one. I don't have a inside source but if anyone is willing to bet that the next iPhone will have a 5" screen, I'll gladly take your money.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Looking at the device it is a little larger. Looks like most of the new screen comes from elimi. nating the hard buttons at the bottom. But its still larger. To get an idea of its size I've been giving my evo a hard look and started thinking. For users like me who make few calls holding it wont be an issue. I use text far more than calling, and browse, email a bit. Imagining the size of screen and device as a whole this seems a tad better. One of the benifits of Android ICS is multiple manufacturers and thus form factors. It wouldn't be hard after the first of the year to find the Sammy's specs in a smaller form factor.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Larger screens will proliferate from now on. That will be the tendency. It's a definite plus for those who do use mail, sms, chat, the browser, documents etc. As opposed to just making phonecalls. My personal experience shows that. I've been able in the last year to reduce my call platform with Vodafone and almost all my allowance goes to web services. And that was a major monthly saving.And when web services are your main communication tool, a big screen helps. If size bothers you the use a Bluetooth. I do and its total freedom for the calls I get. And in the meantime I hear radio or music...or I get Vlingo to read out my mails etc.That's comfy...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    the size thing for me is not holding it to my head to make calls but portability and the ease of holding in one hand. i assume they make pouches for these things...are they huge? do they look like a briefcase attached to your belt?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Not at all Cat.The pouch I have for the Note is not obtrusive. Or I forgo it and just slip it into a pocket. No problem.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    i'll hold further judgement till i actually have hands on for a while with one of these monsters. i'd love to see an iphone with an edge to edge 4" screen. shouldn't be much bigger than the current 3.5".

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I once thought 5 was too big. However I'm rethinking that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast