+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...65-inch-screen... Smartphone News forum

Article: Samsung Galaxy Nexus successor said to pack a 1.5GHz dual-core CPU

Advertisement

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Rumor or not, the Galaxy Nexus needs a desperate hardware update. The alternatives are far ahead as is.
    I hope it just happens.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    What needs to happen is for the next "Nexus" NOT to be from Samsung. I am extremely tired of not being able to get WIFI from 2 rooms away from the router, and having only 1 bar of 3G in areas where other people on the same carrier with Motorola get 4-5 bars.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    maybe the quality build of HTC is enticing. I don´t see any others even coming close. LG (imo) is not an option. Out here in the EU Motorola sucks as well (bad service) Which brings me to another consideration: why the heck did Nokia go with WM? It would be a better bet if Nokia had, at the time, gone with Google and Android. We would have a fab choice of hardware.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Agree with the 3g but haven't had any issues with wifi. I really can't complain though, works well enough for me.

Thought I would miss the higher specs but honestly don't the CPU on the current nexus can handle 1.5 well. If the device wasn't such a battery hog I'd run that high.

Truth be told it took this device to teach me I don't need that much power. When I'm away for extended periods I underclock to 1ghz and I really don't notice it.

I've been playing with undervolting. So far I'm too aggressive (imagine that) and can't find the sweet spot for all scales in the range I have it set. Still I get close to 2hrs of screen time at around 20% mark.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    jfcooley -- I tried a rom based on bugless beastie, with the airkernel rom (specifically targeted at battery life), and I was getting almost double. The sad part, the bugless beastie is only (was) on ICS. The guy ported it for the Galaxy Nexus for 4.1 which is good, but that doesn't help me with my Nexus S.

Anyway, give it a shot. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the insane battery life that you will get.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    He hasn't updates for the sprint version yet, been running skank.

In my epic touch caulkin had a rom with a script that scaled down the CPU Max as the battery hit certain percentages.Its been modified to run with any rom on the nexus so I'm giving it a shot.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 08-22-2012 at 07:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread