+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-OS-2.0-Update... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Here’s What’s New in the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 Update

Advertisement

Optimus no está en línea Stack level 3
    It's not without it's glitches but it is a step up for sure. As for the the remote control feature there are good uses for it as people can do powerpoint presentations without having to park themselves next to their tablet that would be connected to the t.v or projector. not to mention being able to view movies on your bigscreen t.v., surf the net, play games, etc. from more than 6 feet away (as is the length of most hdmi cables). The writer failed (or simply didn't want) to mention that blackberry.com (rim's official site) is selling the playbooks (new) at $200, $250 $300 and has been that way for the past few months which currently makes the playbook the best tablet out there for the price. sidenote- If you have an os6 blackberry phone you don't need a separate data plan like you would with other tablets which that alone would save you over $1000 per year.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It's true no new software release will be without glitches, but the PlayBook is really good value, especially with OS2. I have used the remote, with my BB Torch and was shocked at how well it worked.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I noticed people commenting that the update does not have an option to view PowerPoint files, this is not correct, however I can understand how people would think this since the Doc2Go Icon opens up the option to use Word2Go or the spreadsheet. If you navigate to the ppt(x) file you wish to open then click open it will open it with a PowerPoint-like App. You can then edit the text or just perform a presentation. It should be noted that if the file is a PPT(X) format it may not display some of the more advanced features, (I have not yet seen this occur) but there is a disclaimer stating that it may be better to output your files in the 2003 version of PowerPoint. Personally I would only do this if I noticed a serious formating issue.

+ Reply to Thread