+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ped-up-iOS-7-1... Smartphone News forum

Article: Here’s how to give your Android phone a huge speed boost, just lik

Advertisement

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    My S4 is already lightning fast with LiquidSmooth v3.0 KitKat and KT Kernal OC'd. One of the settings is stock at .5x. Probably won't see much of a change

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I saw this and hoped it wouldn't make it here.

This has little to do with iOS improvements (or how they work with older devices). I hate how this article makes increasing animation speeds sound like it makes a device quicker. It simply feels quicker during os transitions and does little or nothing else. It won't help load apps quicker or help an aging device feel like a new one.

Hell some ROMs have a .25 setting! Oooo speedier.

No offense to you Mark, but this is an article written poorly, since it (the trick if you will) does nothing but flip a page quicker. The inclusion or linking to iOS is also pathetic. Pure typical BGR drivel.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I just did this J. It's a nice placebo and a nice change of pace. I just like tweaking around.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Yeah I'm just saying if you are already jazzed up you won't see much improvement. I agree with you J, BGR has never impressed me is the babbling BS

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I saw this and hoped it wouldn't make it here.

This has little to do with iOS improvements (or how they work with older devices). I hate how this article makes increasing animation speeds sound like it makes a device quicker. It simply feels quicker during os transitions and does little or nothing else. It won't help load apps quicker or help an aging device feel like a new one.

Hell some ROMs have a .25 setting! Oooo speedier.

No offense to you Mark, but this is an article written poorly, since it (the trick if you will) does nothing but flip a page quicker. The inclusion or linking to iOS is also pathetic. Pure typical BGR drivel.
    You'll get through this jfcooley . . . . somehow . . . .

I did this to my S3 and the impression is that the device is much faster. Whether it really is or not, an end user may not care - but it sure feels a lot faster! I have Android 4.3 and ya have to tap Device Information 7 times to access developer options. Makes me want to tap other options 7 times to see what opens up or happens . . .

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    My launcher (NOVA) also has a setting for this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

It's very noticeable on games

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I won't deny it gives the impression of increased performance, but in reality it does nothing more than speed up transitions.

I have changed this setting since JB, and in a device like the S3 its noticeable. Spare Parts (app) has a setting to do the same thing (used to be included with ROMs).

My point is it doesn't make apps run any faster. If a speed reader reads quickly but learns to flip the page 1/1000th of a second faster. He would technically be "faster" but only because less time is spent flipping pages, not because he's actually reading any faster.

To me, the article is making it sound as if your unlocking some hidden performance booster. This isn't really doing anything like that. It won't increase benchmarks or anything similar. Will it feel snappier? Sure. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Nova Launcher does the trick, like Cats says, at the expense of screen animations. If you opt for a slower transition speed you'll be greeted with a better looking and more fluid transition. And like Jay says, the tweaks mentioned in the article aren't that noticeable, and again if it's discernible at all, it's at the expense of something else.
    Android KitKat is just as fluid and as necessarily fast as anyone would wish for.
    The analogy to iOS7.1 is a poor attention seeker. iOS 7.1 like KitKat don't need any special tweaking to make them faster. Or the fastest.
    Believe me, your own OS (brain) and your own UI (eyes) and some hardware (fingers), can't keep up.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    @jfcooley - I agree too. BGR has been writing a lot more 'crap' articles lately.

+ Reply to Thread