+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...hipments-in-Q2... Smartphone News forum

Article: It’s Android’s world: Platform accounts for 79% of smartphone ship

Advertisement

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Profits are the only thing that matter in business. So tired of hearing how Android gas so much market share. But only one of the hundreds that manufacturer them are making money.

Its a iPhone and Galaxy world.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    6.2 million for Blackberry...

and my man dush went Windows...

anyone want to bet lazaridis spends most of his sober hours in bed?

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    6.2 million for Blackberry...

and my man dush went Windows...

anyone want to bet lazaridis spends most of his sober hours in bed?
    LOL well I have still not gone for the most popular. It is sad really because I was holding on for BB10, it had so much promise, not having that Apps was OK because if the system took off the good ones would move to it. No the issue was the hardware. The Q10 looks reasonable but it needs a faster processor, more memory and more support, a simple way to migrate from OS 6 or 7. So as you all have said many times in the past, they were their own worst enemy. I am writing this on the Playbook, the system they gave laid out to die, which was the last nail in the coffin for me.
    jfcooley likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5
    in my opinion that playbook is rhe best device bb has made. but I wonder if dush still thinks bb make the "business phone" when Windows mobile has the Windows office suit applications.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^ Surprisingly enough I do still think that BB Q10 is the better purely business phone specifically for email etc. Yes Nokia is great and editing spreadsheets etc is a dream but I would normally have my laptop for the vast majority of this work, the phone will still not replace this for me, the Q10 has the edge for answering all the emails I get. It is also more compact easier to carry, longer battery life and less distracting. So for the company issue BB.

With regards to moving into the 21st century, I was using a cell phone and prayers when most had landlines, a BB when most were using cellphones a computer when people had typewriters and calculators. I stayed with BB because it worked and could survive the harsher conditions I work in. It will be interesting to see how the Nokia survives

Quote Originally Posted by KTW View Post
    in my opinion that playbook is rhe best device bb has made.
    Not even close - the PlayBook was very good, but not the best BB device. It was colorful and fast but not nearly in the ballpark as far as usefulness. The last great thing BB did was the Bold 9700 or 9780, and that's only because there was some BB diehards still around that were willing to utilize its monster PIM and business capabilities. But what's insane about BlackBerry now is that they completely refuse to innovate. They stay well behind the competition and doggedly remain there, on purpose. As an ex BB user - or fanatic, rather - it makes me crazy.

+ Reply to Thread