+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lak611
  • 1 Post By Mark Stone

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...lackBerry-woes... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: RIM's co-CEOs named as 2011's business newsmakers for BlackBerry w

Advertisement

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...they better brace for it. Newsmakers for the wrong reasons.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ...they better brace for it. Newsmakers for the wrong reasons.
    The board needs to oust those two.

They should have retired a long time ago. Had they done so, they would have left a positive legacy and not been known for ruining the company. It would have been similar to Microsoft and Bill Gates. Nobody blames Gates for any of Microsoft's current struggles; Ballmer is the guy taking the heat, while Gates' legacy is respected.
    srl7741 and Delfim like this.
    Laura

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Those two will be Famous by years end. Famous for all negative things. Think of the opportunity the new CEO will have. That person yet to be named will be very lucky and have a chance of a lifetime.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I watched the ball drop in Times Square last night and noticed the ticker tape "Happy New Year Blackberry". I was thinking...put a good product out then start throwing money at advertising.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    I watched the ball drop in Times Square last night and noticed the ticker tape "Happy New Year Blackberry". I was thinking...put a good product out then start throwing money at advertising.
    If they wanted to advertise the 9900 they should have done so in the summer when it was released. Most companies advertise products that are new when they are released. Also, the advertisement is a little late for holiday shopping, since most folks already got their new devices for Christmas and won't be upgrading for another year or two.
    Laura

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    RIM is sooo 2011

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Man, they are seriously spending on advertising that 9900. While it is definitely the best BlackBerry they've ever made, I'm afraid it's too little too late.

I'm so disappointed.

I have been watching BlackBerry and Nokia for the past 12 months, and really expected the companies to change their focus, their vision, and make big changes. BlackBerry is still spinning its wheels, putting out what is really a quite excellent product - but unfortunately not the product that consumers want. Instead of changing they have stuck with their guns when they should have moved on. It would have been cool if they launched the 9900 for people like me and Roger, that are BB Diehards - but also put out a 4" Android 1.5 GHz Monster at the same time to show they were actually responding to the market. They should have deserted their dinosaur OS for something more equitable with consumer "wants".

Nokia, on the other hand, is making me proud. The switch to Windows OS and the dumping of their commitment to Symbian may be a stroke of genius. The sales of the new Lumia Windows smartphones in some parts of the world are great, and in some areas (Germany, Netherlands) is even outselling Samsung and iPhone. I don't know if this will save Nokia from extinction, but at least Nokia is trying - much more than I can say about BlackBerry. This "honor" for RIM's co-CEOs is well deserved.
    lak611 likes this.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Feeling sorry for the product and all the BB addicts, not sorry for the two at all. Cueing in "Some good things never last"

+ Reply to Thread