+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lak611

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ars-says-Watsa... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM Turnaround Could Take Three to Five Years, says Watsa

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I do not think RIM will still be around if "turnaround takes three to five years".

I believe Mr Watsa feels he will be able to make money if all or part of RIM is sold.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I agree with Laura. Shareholders will be reluctant to lose any more money, I would think.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I believe Mr Watsa feels he will be able to make money if all or part of RIM is sold.
    I think that's why he came into RIM...salvage. Sell a portion of RIM and skedaddle away with a profit.
    At this time it doesn´t make sense for someone to up their stakes (in this case from 2,2% to 5%, and that's a lot of millions). Watsa did that to get his foot in the door, to salvage his initial investment, and then vanish.
    I had an economics prof at Wits that told the class this, and this was in 1975, so the values can me multiplied x times over:
    " If you owe the bank a 1000 US$ and can't pay back, they'll haul your butt to court and take everything you are worth. On the other hand, if you owe the bank 10 Million US$ they will loan you another 10 Million to see if you can pay it back."
    So, roughly translated, this is what Mr. Watsa(macallit) is doing. Trying to get his initial investment back. Plus a few...
    My 2 cents.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    ^^^^^^ this sounds exactly what we've got going on with the government in the US.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by chokem View Post
    ^^^^^^ this sounds exactly what we've got going on with the government in the US.
    Unfortunately, that is true. The US government is the most dysfunctional organization known to mankind.
    srl7741 likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread