+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...k-jailbreaking... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM says no to BlackBerry PlayBook jailbreaking

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I think RIM should get their own name associated with gaining access to the root. Jail breaking is for iOS, Rooting is for Android. C'Mon......... Your one chance to lead the way with your own thing..........

I will start with a few:
    Rimed
    ReRimed
    UnRimed
    RimFree
    Fluffed
    Flushed

Last edited by srl7741; 03-21-2012 at 09:24 PM.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    DeRimmed. Welcome to the club PlayBook users.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

A BlackBerry would be "seeded"?
    srl7741 likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Only one comes to mind. RimJob. Think most RIM fans can identify.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Only thing is unlike IOS there is no real reason to perform a "RIM Job" on the PlayBook now that OS2 has been released so why do it other than to see if you can. To do it again on have to go backwards then you can load Android Apps which can be done anyway...you may also after a lot of filling use the USB port to connect to a storage device, plus run DOS.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    One thing is for sure. If hackers come up with a BB "JB" they can rest in peace for a long while. RIM will not update their software for a long, long time. As usual. Unlike iOS or Droid. You may as well call it BBDoldRom...

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Only thing is unlike IOS there is no real reason to perform a "RIM Job" on the PlayBook now that OS2 has been released so why do it other than to see if you can. To do it again on have to go backwards then you can load Android Apps which can be done anyway...you may also after a lot of filling use the USB port to connect to a storage device, plus run DOS.
    I agree but that does not matter to users, they love to unlock/JB/Root just because they can. The reasons are not much of a factor as during the early days of iOS for example. JB and Rooting has become as mainstream as the Apps or App Stores. None tech people are even aware of both and it's common.

Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    One thing is for sure. If hackers come up with a BB "JB" they can rest in peace for a long while. RIM will not update their software for a long, long time. As usual. Unlike iOS or Droid. You may as well call it BBDoldRom...
    So true, interesting if/how RIM will approach this as it comes up? They can't embrace it but could be forced to update sooner than they planned in order to claim security etc. it could turn out to be a good thing actually.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Isn't this kinda like iPhone in a way, they don't do upgrades much, they just build a new one and sell them all over again. I agree with why would you need to unless it was faster, better, and had the wow factor. It's kinda like flashing updates on my Nook Color, I do it but why? I see no changes what-so-ever after I do. I can say I have a droid device sorta.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Apple updates iOS several times each year. I don't have numbers at the moment but they issues updates often for various reasons. Granted they are normally minor but they stay busy and pay attention.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Thanks for straightening me out on the iPhone

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

+ Reply to Thread