+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark Stone
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...phone-hardware... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM reportedly hanging up on BlackBerry phone hardware

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Rumors.

I think we should wait till BB10 comes out before we start shoveling dirt on RIM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B206 Safari/7534.48.3)

Absolutely. There's too much going on out there with regard to BB10 to lay RIM to rest just yet.

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    RIM died along time ago guys.....BB10 will not save them.... just my 2 cents
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

Maybe the financial report coming next week is even worse than expected.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    bmay is right.

Waiting on dush to come in and post something about how apple was dying and how Microsoft saved them.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F
    Agree, I came back to BB for simplicity. And I know there are plenty of others that have/will do the same at some point. No faith here.

RIM is not going to be saved by their OS 10. The QNX that is on the PlayBook is very strong, but is not a match for iOS or Android or Windows Phone. The only thing that can save them as a company will be a completely new and innovative concept that none of us have heard of - and that unfortunately does not exist for them. It would need to be similar in size and scope as the original iPhone was. It is something that doesn't exist for any company in the field because the industry (as far as earth-shattering "ideas") is saturated. A new OS, stronger devices and better marketing may slow the decline. I believe they will be absorbed by a larger company, your guess as to whom is as good as mine, then they will either be put quietly to rest (similar to what happened to Palm) or will be turned into a small "division". It's a shame, as it was with Palm and may be with Nokia, because BlackBerry was a company and a device that pioneered an entire field. The areas where they pioneered, however, are now being done better by their competitors. I think it will be over soon.
    lak611 likes this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    RIM is not going to be saved by their OS 10. The QNX that is on the PlayBook is very strong, but is not a match for iOS or Android or Windows Phone. The only thing that can save them as a company will be a completely new and innovative concept that none of us have heard of - and that unfortunately does not exist for them. It would need to be similar in size and scope as the original iPhone was. It is something that doesn't exist for any company in the field because the industry (as far as earth-shattering "ideas") is saturated. A new OS, stronger devices and better marketing may slow the decline. I believe they will be absorbed by a larger company, your guess as to whom is as good as mine, then they will either be put quietly to rest (similar to what happened to Palm) or will be turned into a small "division". It's a shame, as it was with Palm and may be with Nokia, because BlackBerry was a company and a device that pioneered an entire field. The areas where they pioneered, however, are now being done better by their competitors. I think it will be over soon.
    Mark, I agree. It is unfortunate, since I really did love BlackBerry for over three years.

I do not think Nokia will go away completely. My prediction is that Microsoft will buy out Nokia once the stock gets cheaper. The government of Finland has already stated that it will not oppose takeover of Nokia by a foreign company.

The old rumours were that Microsoft would buy out RIM. I do not see that happening at this point. I feel that Microsoft will buy out Nokia and use Nokia to build its own hardware. I do not believe it is a coincidence that the Surface colours are similar or identical to the colours of the Lumia smartphones.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    bmay is right.

Waiting on dush to come in and post something about how apple was dying and how Microsoft saved them.

. With a challenge like that I have to say something. Trouble is I don't subscribe to the The Sunday Times and haven't read it or the Times since it was owned by the Sun a British scandal rag. Was it a good report, I don't know. I do know rumors are rife, and I also wonder who would want to buy just the hardware? It's like selling a house or a car you need someone that wants to buy it at the price you want. Rumors sell papers, make stock price go up or down make or loose people money, some will rejoice and say RIM will die others will say BB10 will save them, lovers of their particular OS's will predict one way or another. In the end none of us are at the head of the company and do not know what is going on in their heads, do I really care either way, no, other than I hope no more people will loose their jobs or loose money on their investments. If there is no BB around, I will use something else when mine dies.
    lak611 likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread