+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
Like Tree14Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ises-of-change... Smartphone News forum

  1. #1
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886

    Article: RIM reels in developers with promises of change

    Advertisement



    jfcooley likes this.

  2. #2
    jfcooley's Avatar
    jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,479
    I remember years ago when a (then) girlfriend had been falling short of her relationship obligations. She left me wanting more, always promising things that never materalizedd. When I'd finally had enough and decided a change was in order I heard a lot of "I'll change" and "i'll fix that" and "I'll try harder".I believed at first, but soon it was clear that her ideas of change were much different than mine.


    This reminds me of that.
    srl7741 likes this.

  3. #3
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    ...can you carry on ? Your story promises to be more juicy. Heck, I've been saying for years (literally) that RIM needs to be more serious. Promise of new OS's that take forever to materialize, and when they do ther's problems. New phones, not promises of new phones... and so on so forth. With the alternatives OS's we have now, who is going to be patient anymore? I hope that we can see actual (present tense) real products materialize, very quickly. And decent OS's NOW. You know what? I still have one of the original 9900 I bought early last year. It crashed sometime in November 2011. I haven't bothered to recover or restore it... And, that's very much how everyone is feeling right now.
    PapaMag, jfcooley and lak611 like this.

  4. #4
    papareyenc's Avatar
    papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    354
    jfcooleys story oddly sounds very familiar del, i'll be more than happy to fix the 9900 just lying somewhere round you house RIM, it's time to shut up and work. I still love my storm 2 though

  5. #5
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886
    Quote Originally Posted by papareyenc View Post
    ... del, i'll be more than happy to fix the 9900 just lying somewhere round you house RIM, it's time to shut up and work. I still love my storm 2 though
    I'm sure you would . But I collect the little blighters. I just have to find time to get it to work again and place it together with the other BB's I have (7290, 8707...)

  6. #6
    papareyenc's Avatar
    papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    354
    Blackberry heaven Enjoy the day, Del!

  7. #7
    PapaMag's Avatar
    PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Posts
    5,722
    I am just sitting here shaking my head because this really tells me nothing. I hear mention of the OS10 and the PlayBook, are they giving up on all devices that are currently in someone's hands. More important is the fact that this conglomeration of promises has no time table and shoot me if I'm incorrect but it takes RIM FOREVER to come through with something new and very seldom is flawless. I guess theming is becoming a lost art and I'm getting the feeling RIM does not care. I'm feeling dejected, rejected, and about to become ejected.
    Delfim and jfcooley like this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,737
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I remember years ago when a (then) girlfriend had been falling short of her relationship obligations. She left me wanting more, always promising things that never materalizedd. When I'd finally had enough and decided a change was in order I heard a lot of "I'll change" and "i'll fix that" and "I'll try harder".I believed at first, but soon it was clear that her ideas of change were much different than mine.


    This reminds me of that.
    +1! RIM needs to learn a lesson from Nokia. Nokia may or may not make it, but they're really putting effort into changing their devices, and they're doing it at lightening speed. New Windows Mobile fones, new software downloads for their MeeGo Monster, very nice looking devices. I look at RIM and want to throw a bucket of ice water on them so maybe they'll wake up!
    Delfim, jfcooley and lak611 like this.

  9. #9
    papareyenc's Avatar
    papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    354
    I'm with you on the "bucket of ice water" idea, Mark

  10. #10
    lak611's Avatar
    lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaMag View Post
    I am just sitting here shaking my head because this really tells me nothing. I hear mention of the OS10 and the PlayBook, are they giving up on all devices that are currently in someone's hands. More important is the fact that this conglomeration of promises has no time table and shoot me if I'm incorrect but it takes RIM FOREVER to come through with something new and very seldom is flawless. I guess theming is becoming a lost art and I'm getting the feeling RIM does not care. I'm feeling dejected, rejected, and about to become ejected.
    At this point, though, after all the past announcements giving dates that ultimately were missed, I'd rather RIM just shuts up until it actually releases something. "In 60 days" and "Coming soon" just caused users to ultimately become frustrated and not believe anything RIM said.
    PapaMag likes this.
    Laura

    Follow me on Twitter @lak611

  11. #11
    jfcooley's Avatar
    jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    At this point, though, after all the past announcements giving dates that ultimately were missed, I'd rather RIM just shuts up until it actually releases something. "In 60 days" and "Coming soon" just caused users to ultimately become frustrated and not believe anything RIM said.

    Somewhere there's a couple of guys with a truckload of Playbooks thinking the same thing.

  12. #12
    dushdavj's Avatar
    dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Posts
    2,283
    I and a lot of other people love the Playbook, RIM did get it right with OS2 and it was worth the wait! I believe BB10 will be impressive. By the time it comes out all the others will be so tangled up in the courts trying to stop each other competing in the market they won't even notice a new system on the block

    Apple's biggest problem (albeit a problem we would all love to have) is the cash they have because it makes them a target for every company with dollar signs in their eyes wanting to get rich quick
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

  13. #13
    Capdot's Avatar
    Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    I remember years ago when a (then) girlfriend had been falling short of her relationship obligations. She left me wanting more, always promising things that never materalizedd. When I'd finally had enough and decided a change was in order I heard a lot of "I'll change" and "i'll fix that" and "I'll try harder".I believed at first, but soon it was clear that her ideas of change were much different than mine.


    This reminds me of that.
    I was reading this and started tearing up... So many broken promises and shattered dreams.

    I agree with Del. Get to the part where love was made and imperfections were forgotten.

  14. #14
    jfcooley's Avatar
    jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    7,479
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    I was reading this and started tearing up... So many broken promises and shattered dreams.

    I agree with Del. Get to the part where love was made and imperfections were forgotten.
    Took a new model with completly different way of doing things.
    Now i'm happy, even willing to fight for her.

    Sad how my smartphone preferences mirror my love life.......

  15. #15
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    If would be neat if someone could go back to 2008 and look at all the RIM news/articles/statements made. There is a pattern.
    PapaMag and lak611 like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •