+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ril-19-for-499... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM PlayBook tablet coming April 19 for $499

Advertisement

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    I'm a little tired of the talk of the Playbook. I am probably the only one that thinks this, but I think the Playbook won't be much to talk about. They took too long to release it and now the market is saturated. Also, older devices are being sold for $200.00 less.

Just my opinion of course

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Sorry, double post... Must have been pretty angry

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    About the double post -- I've noticed this a lot w/ pinstack lately. It seems like when you post it freezes for a bit, and then 2 posts appear.

Now about the playbook, I personally love the BB os, and the only thing that's missing to me is 1.) bigger screen, 2.) better browser, 3.) apps (better/faster things like games, music, etc...), so I think for the people looking for that stuff (like me), it will be interesting. However, I think that tablets have a very specific and limit functionality in today's market where computers are portable enough (macbook air) AND powerful enough that they cover the light to heavy computing market, and smartphones cover the super mobile end...so tablets appeal to very few people.

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    Man, I'd love to get one of these PlayBooks. (If I even had the money)

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    RIM kept on waiting and waiting for others to release theirs and one up them but to be honest I think they messed up royally. Keep waiting and others will beat you to the punch. That's all I have to say about this shenanigan

cornelius no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2035BC65
    You're either a blackberry hater or a blackberry lover. The same goes for any mobile platform. If you are a hater, chances are you wouldn't purchase the Paybook or anything by RIM no matter how good it is. I love the blackberry platform and I would definitely purchase the Playbook . I'm sure there are many other that will also. I must confess, I have been skeptical of RIM marketing strategy but they have been around for a while. They have dominated the mobile platform market a lot longer than the existence of some popular new ones. When Rim claim they have a competitive product, I will purchase with the confidence knowing that it come from a solid company thats been around for more than a couple years.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^pertinent points bud.
    The latest, financial and economical bad results shown by RIM might well reflect a miscarried marketing strategy on their part. In a market already offering a wide range of tablets, and as many as another 104 variations being launched during 2011, RIM ´s timing is way off. The reason for this late launch is also attributable to various glitches with the final OS and applications, and the developers. I, personally, think that RIM coordinated all this in a very amateurish way, regardless of the vast experience accumulated over the years.
    Think of it. In this mayhem that RIM themselves have created, others have jumped ahead. Worse, RIM clients themselves have tired of waiting and have moved on. That´s a lot of dollars down the drain. They have lost a big customer base.
    The latest financial figures reflect this. And the future is not that bright either...unless RIM pulls something out of the hat.

+ Reply to Thread