+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-s-1-2-3-Punch... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Article: RIM and Nokia Counter Job's 1-2-3 Punch

Advertisement

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    I really think that Job's obvious deflection tactic is rather sad. And Im glad that RIM called apple on it. All the news coming in about how he knew about these issues and still released it just show how shady Job's business tactics are, there are even reports that had said that the design team for the iPhail 4 tried to get apple to put a better antenna system in but it was refused because it would cost them something like $0.16 more per unit. I am glad that something like this has happened, it will force apple to actually do something instead of saying its user error. Hopefully it will make them recall and give their loyal customers what they earned...quality without the hassle afterall they are paying through the teeth for the stuff anyways.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Apple is only extending the free bumper offer through September 30 and it does not go out to users who bought a 3rd party case/bumper. Jobs says that at that point, they'll look at taking a different route to solve the problem.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I'm a BB supporter, user and fanatic. But I think RIM should try and keep their house in order first. A BB might not be prone to reception loss due to any design fault, but they seriously Should look at other problems they have, which affect us daily, and then come and preach the sermon we will gladly want to hear.
    Regarding my past experiences with Nokia ( the latest being the N900 ) I think they better shut-up ! Wanna loose calls midway through a conversation or loose files and what not through sync ? Get a Nokia ! Be it Symbian or their lame attempt at a Linux based OS.
    Don't throw stones if you live under a glass roof!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    That's pretty good and all true about the "Glass Roof/House" besides RIM is getting more attention from that Apple event than they will EVER get from any event or announcement they make.

It's comical when RIM speaks by years end when WM7 is finally released and Android matures even more they will be the official device of an era gone bye. RIM is bleeding so bad why not comment on an Apple event. Apple and Android have managed to raise the bar so high it's difficult for RIM to get any attention.

So why not issue a statement, I would too if I were RIM.

RIM does not set any standard nor do they create, innovate or push any envelope. RIM is to smartphones what Microsoft is to the computer industry.

Name one thing RIM has done original or new since the original 8100 Pearl was introduced? If we all progressed like RIM we would all still be using Dial Up Internet service with the 28k modem using AOL as our provider.

Lead, Follow or Get out of the way
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-17-2010 at 08:09 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I don't foresee RIM going anywhere, anytime soon. Albeit I would have said the same about Palm just a year or so ago. The difference being that RIM still has many, many dedicated followers both in the commercial and private sectors. In the same way that Android has quickly gained a following and the iPhone has its own. There is never going to be a de facto device, ever. As has been said many times on this site, there is no best device, only what's best for the user.

I am disappointed in Jobs however. A problem came up, you identified a temporary fix. Man up, admit the error, and move on. Don't try to justify to the masses why it's not Apple's fault. Regardless of whether it is or not, perception is key and the perception is that you're shifting the focus off of yourselves.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    My point was, we need companies like Apple and Google. Even if they make errors or mistakes. They take chances and push where others will never push.

Someone has to do it or we will never move forward.

Watch each of these videos and you will better understand why I feeling the way I do about pushing the envelope or leading the way.
    Last edited by srl7741; 07-17-2010 at 09:17 PM.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MStrawder View Post
    I don't foresee RIM going anywhere, anytime soon. Albeit I would have said the same about Palm just a year or so ago. The difference being that RIM still has many, many dedicated followers both in the commercial and private sectors. In the same way that Android has quickly gained a following and the iPhone has its own. There is never going to be a de facto device, ever. As has been said many times on this site, there is no best device, only what's best for the user.

I am disappointed in Jobs however. A problem came up, you identified a temporary fix. Man up, admit the error, and move on. Don't try to justify to the masses why it's not Apple's fault. Regardless of whether it is or not, perception is key and the perception is that you're shifting the focus off of yourselves.
    I agree with you about RIM not going any where. Blackberries are still selling even though android phones and Iphones are flying off the shelf. I met and old friend today and she said she was buying a new phone and she wanted a blackberry. She wants me to advise her on the model. So no matter what folks say, blackberry is here to stay. Don't forget RIM still has the Corporate market. Apple has tried and failed to get companies to lose the blackberries for iphones.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I agree also. I can't wait to see what hardware they come up with for the next gen BB OS. It looks good.

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Apple has always taken outdated technology and repackaged it and added a fancy new PR campaign. Rim going bye bye? I dont thinks so, especially seeing as most of the "new" innovations done by apple in the smartphone industry are things that were already done by RIM.

My brother and i were talking and i turned him on the RIM with the original curve, now he has a javelin, and he was just telling me the other day "its funny how the iPhone now has this new and has that new and they act like its never been done before, but I already had that long ago with my blackberry, why is apple saying its new technology?" Thats a good question.
    I still remember when apple was criticizing the IBM infrastructure that pc's ran on and thats why they had their own proprietary design that was way better in many ways, but not that many years ago they started using same thing they were bad mouthing. Or like the iPad.... Havent we seen this already? Yes we have like a few years ago and they were called Tablet PCs!
    Rim may not always be no.1 but saying that they are long gone and dont innovate is a blatant exaggeration. Apple doesnt innovate. Google and RIM do. And acting like apple screw ups is good for people is part of the problem.
    Apple die-hards (as the media puts it) will just smile, take and defend apple no matter what they do to people. Here they are screwing their own customers over and saying that they are holding the phone wrong, blaming their customers, when that didnt fly they try to off put the blame to other companies. You can call them innovative, I'll call them cowardly. Mistakes only lead to innovation if you accept responsibility for what went wrong and try to fix it. There is still such a thing called integrity.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ I agree totally!
    To put in another way: I value innovation ( RIM, Android and to some extent what WM try and do). But, I will work with the smartphone that best adequates itself to my particular functions. At the moment Apple seems to answer this requirement. Apple like any other manufacturer, will sap the knowledge and the successful trends set, or copy, or improve upon what exists. They all do.
    In this context, RIM will soon do the same. OS 6.0 promises this... I just hope they will not copy, improve or heir own, and launch some innovative hardware/software that will set a new paradigm.
    That's alone is worth all !

PIN/ID
    Retired
    A funny Comedy.com Google video. Every now and then it's nice to laugh

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    A funny Comedy.com Google video. Every now and then it's nice to laugh

OMG that is soooo funnny!!!!!!
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Well it's as closer to the truth than we'll ever get... Laugh ? Yeah! Cry? Also...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast