+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...Berry-10-Phone... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: What If RIM Made Only One BlackBerry 10 Phone?

Advertisement

An interesting concept which has definitely worked pretty well for Apple.The author makes some great points on both sides of the argument.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I've always said 3 would be RIM's sweet spot. Small, Medium and Large and priced the same. They will also have to be very careful with the OS. Cut the fragmentation and help the developers.

I know. Look how we had to combine all the BlackBerry threads to cut the clutter on the forums. Way too many devices.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I would think it would be one OS that would help end fragmentation, not one phone. It would have to be one amazing phone in build quality and specs.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I would not be against the one phone, especially if it's like the one pictured. Guess it would depend on the screen size and how the OS is navigated. If the key board is still in play then 3 models will need to remain. If they go all touch maybe one could work.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    We've had this discussion on PS already. I think it's the way to go...but...

1) When Lucas states that the price of the Blackberry (ex: 9900, 9360 and almost all the others) has a competitive edge ? Bull. The 9900, for instance (still hits well over 700$US) is not cheap. Neither are the other "cheaper" BB's. The 8520 is still well over the 300US$.

Compared to iPhone pricing, maybe, but when confronted with the multiple Androids available, this is not the reason for BB's relative succes in the rest of the world. BB is successful because it's still a novelty that enterprise (out here in Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa have discovered in the last couple of years) far behind the US and Canada.

2) As far as models are concerned, yes I think the 1 model would be the way to go. Offer variants of it, like 64Gb, 32Gb, 16 Gb or 124 GB (that would still be a novelty) Look at Apple...
    a) Provided the OS satisfies all users, across all needs, with a complete, flawless performance
    b) It's a good looking, contemporary design
    c) It's marketed intelligently to create an aura about it, and hence a cult following...
    d) It's sold everywhere. Whole world. For enterprise and private use
    e) The price is affordable. ( The 9900 at 700US$ is exorbitant)

Then yes, we have Blackberry.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    One. I hate that feeling where you have your eyes on one but having second thoughts of getting it as there's another one "better" Jim and Mike are showing off on their PRs.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    It would be cool to have that bb if it looks like that! I would love to have that one.

+ Reply to Thread