+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mark Stone
  • 2 Post By Delfim
  • 1 Post By lak611

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...airman-sources... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: RIM leaning toward new chairman: sources

Advertisement

This would be the best possible news for RIM. A shake-up at the top is what is desperately needed to give them some direction before they go the way of Palm . . .
    lak611 likes this.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    ^^I agree with one caveat. They better also be prepared to publicly describe a new vision and the direction they will be going without public relations fluff.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Considering the lady is on RIM's board, considering her resume as a strategist, I come to the conclusion that this is a SIDESTEP, enforced and choreographed by exactly the same bozos that bought RIM to it's knees. Period.If RIM wants to move forward, the shareholders must kick the whole board into the sewer, especially the "want-to-hang-on-for-dear-life-and-still-command-the-ship-from-the-engine-room - Laziridis/Ballsiliie-partnership". This is a setup. I don't believe the lady has any economical or political clout in the proposed new board. Nope. That's still bozo territory.
    srl7741 and lak611 like this.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    Considering the lady is on RIM's board, considering her resume as a strategist, I come to the conclusion that this is a SIDESTEP, enforced and choreographed by exactly the same bozos that bought RIM to it's knees. Period.If RIM wants to move forward, the shareholders must kick the whole board into the sewer, especially the "want-to-hang-on-for-dear-life-and-still-command-the-ship-from-the-engine-room - Laziridis/Ballsiliie-partnership". This is a setup. I don't believe the lady has any economical or political clout in the proposed new board. Nope. That's still bozo territory.
    I agree. They need to get outsiders for both the CEO and Chairman positions, and only have one CEO and one Chairman.
    Delfim likes this.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I agree. They need to get outsiders for both the CEO and Chairman positions, and only have one CEO and one Chairman.
    Yes that's what shareholders should demand, yes definitely, and yes definitely again...!

^^^ And if they did something like getting somebody from the outside, that's a process that's not going to happen overnight.

You'd want to do an extensive executive search to find the people with the vision and expertise to lead the company to where it needs to be to be competitive.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ Yes Rog. That takes time. And the candidates are all there, and lots of them probably (also) ready to invest, to bring in capital, ideas and projects to prove their legitimacy. RIM is still a very appetising company.The way they're going about it, and quickly, means there is accomodation...

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    ^^^ And if they did something like getting somebody from the outside, that's a process that's not going to happen overnight.

You'd want to do an extensive executive search to find the people with the vision and expertise to lead the company to where it needs to be to be competitive.
    How long did it take for HP to choose Meg Whitman?

HP seems to be doing much better in the 4 months since she became CEO.
    Laura

I'm just thinking that it's going to take several months to do so......time that RIM doesn't really have, unless the new management coincides with an acquisition.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    I'm just thinking that it's going to take several months to do so......time that RIM doesn't really have, unless the new management coincides with an acquisition.
    I agree.

They should have made the changes six months ago, rather than saying they would reinvestigate the situation in January.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...I agree too. Time is of the essence. And from reinvestigating what precisely (?) in January they'll do what ? Probably run a new circle of advertisements...Mind you, if they waste time, future buyers and/or investors will have time also, to re-evaluate and pay less... ummmphhh !

Edit:
    Let me run this by you guys:
    I did it. Everyone does it. I'm sure Laz and Bas are going to do it.

I owned 10,000 shares of a company (EDP.LS) at a price of (euros) 2,20. This was in 1997. Since then the shares went up and down and finally so far down (total disinvestment in a prime electrical company) that most shareholders sold. In two years my 22,000 Euros investment was worth less than 5000 Euros.
    So what do I do ? I bought more. Another 10,000 shares (i had the money lol at the time) at ,50c. So in the end I have 20,000 shares and my average price per share dropped from 2,20 to 1,35. And I sat it out: now each share is worth 2,47 (todays price - average price for 2011 is about 2,24) . Good profit hey ? No, I haven't sold any yet. Tendency is up, up.

Moral of story: What do you think the Laz & Bas conglomerate is doing ? Buying time. That's all. And multipling their wealth. Unless, of course, everything goes... does Canada want that to happen? I don't think so.
    Last edited by Delfim; 01-03-2012 at 05:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread