+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...eo-coming-soon... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM launches rebranded BlackBerry World, music and video coming so

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    All this positive for RIM and then their CEO goes on to say that he may consider selling the hardware division. What kind of message is that?

either way, I hope RIM can find some success in BB10 and give another alternative for all us consumers. I wouldn't mind rocking a Blackberry again. After I turned my back on RIM I have to admit that neither iOS or Android provided me with as much entertainment and connectivity with people from all over the world than Blackberry messenger did. It'd be nice to have that once again.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    BBM already has voice it will also have video which will be interesting. With regards to selling the hardware division, what he actually said was once the new BB10 has proved itself then they may consider licensing it to other manufacturers and sell the hardware division

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I can't wait to reintroduce myself to the Blackberry Messenger Christian single ladies group once again... This time I will have video...

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    @Cap - I was very surprised about the CEO's comment too ...this was a bit shocking. That, and there are many good "OS" alternatives, but very few vendors built their hardware the way RIM did. RIM truly put research into it. Things were very good, and whenever there was a problem, it was always fixed into the next and all future releases (unlike Samsung, HTC, LG currently -- you will see a problem introduced, fixed, and re-introduced).

Personally, RIM's break point is the apps currently. They need to focus 200% of their attention to that right before launch and full time after launch. No matter how good the platform is, if they don't pull in people, it will fail. And pulling in people is a loop -- if there is attention, there will be apps (sort of what Verizon did with the DROID, which made Android a first class citizen), and if there are apps, there will be people. The point is, you need the major apps to attract the people and go from there.

+ Reply to Thread