+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ealvnv

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ething-Someone... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM: Do Something, Someone...

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Very well written, Del.

I watched the entire conference, too. They're certainly a laid back bunch, I'll give them that. They're either extremely confident in what will be their end product, or they're totally ignorant and oblivious to what's been going on around them and the expectations that people have.....those of us here at PinStack included.

Despite what we've become, let's not forget our roots here at PinStack. If there is any group of people more hopeful than us that RIM pulls this off, I'd like to meet them. BlackBerry is what brought us all here, and in the end, what caused many of us to leave.

PinStack is not going anywhere soon (I hope). Let's also hope that RIM's confidence holds true and that BB10 and its accompanying device will give it the edge it once had in the smartphone world.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Amen!

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Sorry Delfim i have to call you out on some points on this article, which i will do with all due respect and hopping you take no offense for it, but instead, we can debate them.

Yes, From what I witnessed they were the only vociferous bunch at the conference. It was obviously the 10k Heins gave them, and probably will give some more if he feels any more pressure. I questioned this perk for devs when it was first announced. And I question it now. If you have a worthwhile platform the devs are attracted to it automatically. RIM paid them because the announced platform didn´t attract any attention from the word go.
    First off, they have not paid anyone the $10K yet, instead this is a program called Built for BlackBerry Apps in which if you meet certain criteria, you could get that money, you can check the link for the details. Partners not just include developers it goes way beyond that.

Wow. How many has he launched in his career?.
    In fact he has done more than just work at RIM, you will fin some more info on his own LinkedIn page

And I can keep going on in all the points you make, but i will just say that if he was to reveal everything on what the peek and flow is, then he would be just giving away anything they have to surprise the user, and if you tell me Android is a fast and smooth interface i would hardly argue with you on that, it was untill jellybean that Android is realizing they needed to fix their user interface, and even though they are getting there, when just 1.+-% is using it out of the gazillion devices they sell then i can see an issue there too.
    If you seriously consider multitasking on android or WP7 to be the standard as of this time i would hardly argue with you there.

As for IOS, i just dont like to talk about IOS.
    dushdavj likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Defense of RIM, good to see
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    All the points are pertinent. And finally we have an insider view on things RIM.
    And I must say you managed to stir hope for the BB10.
    Many doubts and sarcasm are just the fruit of so many deceptions RIM has continuously brought on us BB fans.
    If your optimism holds true I'm sure we'll all be happy campers come Feb 2013. That's my wishes too.

+ Reply to Thread