+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ring-release-!... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM deems BlackBerry OS 6.1 a 'major upgrade,' promises a spring r

Advertisement

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    RIM's stock is decreasing faster than the iPad 2 is selling out
    I think they've lost $6+ dollars over the last week.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ bad strategies on the part of RIM. An accumulation of errors... OS 6.0 and Playbook...
    They´ll have to shake a leg soon.

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wonder if 9780 users will be left out in the dust if this OS is such an overhaul. If it is, I guess we'll only see it on new hardware like the 2nd Torch & Bold Touch.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^or wait for it eternally. That´s RIM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    ^^^or wait for it eternally. That´s RIM.
    Harsh coming from what once was one of their biggest backers on here. O how times change.

What's up Del, I'm coming to Assen and Mugelo this year. Trying to get everything worked out for Valencia this year also. Had to knock you for that comment,

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ I probably deserved it...
    BB is like a lost love... I have great respect and won't think twice in going back to it the minute RIM comes up with a better OS and UI. I follow the products with great devotion. I hope the day will come...
    Keep me posted on your trips here. Valencia is near enough...depends on the date and my financial health.

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Does anyone knows if RIM is coming out with a phone with front facing/ video chat camera?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^They have new models slotted for later this year. There has a been a discussion on the subject. I´ll look for the thread and let you know... or you can do a search in the forum.

Drasadex no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, I think RIM should try to release some better devices so they can actually be competing with Apple and Android. (Or let's hope that the PlayBook will do well in the market). A new operating system isn't really that important. (in my opinion)

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Drasadex, yes I agree ! It´s not the new OS or old OS. It has do do with the eye of the beholder... the UI is what needs to change, and the easiness of operation of all functions. And a browser that works properly...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Went out to get a new phone for my wife, replacing a very old blackberrry. So she started playing with different models, the BB Torch (screen gets dirty too quickly, not responsiive enough) the top end motorola with dual core (I was drooling over this one), she didn't like the touch screen keyboard and it seemed to be slow (I think it was because the person in the store had about 40 apps running on at the time). It's browser was also slow to respond, and Youtube App didn't work very well, YouTube played better in the browser. I liked the fact you could dock it and it become the processor for a laptop, however my wife thought this was silly, (why not buy a phone and a laptop?) OK. Then she compared it to the IPhone, everything was faster, the phone had a solid feel to it.

In the end people will not buy because of an operating system, they will buy because of the feel of the phone, the responsiveness and speed of the apps on the phone (people are used to instant gratification) you do not want to wait around whilst items download or start. I do not see how OS 6.1 will make too much difference unless it can access more application memory, to speed up responsiveness. RIM is trying hard, but the competition out there is fierce, if a company like Palm can be usurped then RIM had better watch out.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...so, Dave you do agree with me: beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In this case, the UI. And how it responds ?
    That´s what sells...

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Absolutely Del, I would say that is the case for anyone that has to buy their own phone, functionality would be the next item on the list. Of course in the business world you use what your give

visionthing no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK ME
    Thanks guys for the input. I went back to bb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast