+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ackBerry-sales... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: RIM cuts expectations amid weak BlackBerry sales

Advertisement

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    What bothers me is this --

Every manufacturer leaks out (intentionally or not) some details about upcoming devices. I can see where a manufacturer wants to and needs to keep the lid on things if they are producing a new phone every 4-5, even 6 months, so that people don't decide to wait it out for a better device that they have the specs on. Now that said, RIM has been so secretive when they haven't come out with anything new/good in exactly a year (basing this on the fact that the Bold 9700 was the last ground breaking phone). This is just sad. The bold 9700 is perfect for me, but I need a bigger screen/better browser. I am looking at android, only because RIM doesn't seem to have anything good coming up. I did see the "Blackberry Touch - gsm and cdma" leaks, but there was nothing useful in terms of details. What a shame. This company has something so powerful and they seem to be wasting it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good points, ventz.

As I posted in another thread about RIM admitting their mistakes, I'm taking a guardedly optimistic approach to whatever announcements they have in store for the conference next week. I like my Torch and like you, loved my 9700, but I really don't know if they can withstand yet another barrage of the same tired old devices. OS 6 is a step in the right direction, but if they're going to hope to compete with the iPhones and the Androids, they are really going to have to bring on the wow factor with whatever they have up their sleeves.

I really hope they do, but that iPhone 5 is looking really tempting right now.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Good points, ventz.

As I posted in another thread about RIM admitting their mistakes, I'm taking a guardedly optimistic approach to whatever announcements they have in store for the conference next week. I like my Torch and like you, loved my 9700, but I really don't know if they can withstand yet another barrage of the same tired old devices. OS 6 is a step in the right direction, but if they're going to hope to compete with the iPhones and the Androids, they are really going to have to bring on the wow factor with whatever they have up their sleeves.

I really hope they do, but that iPhone 5 is looking really tempting right now.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    My worries with RIM (and yes, I still have a big soft spot for BB) is that their clients are forced to live in a "land of promises"... RIM has actually conditioned us into this psychotic way of thinking.

Rog correctly states that they should get out of this, get their act together, and really get to the point of giving the consumer what they need. And not some revamped OS from some prehistoric age.

The CEO is a politician through and through. He promises, make people hang on, and then ? Phhhttttt...! Reminds me, in particular, of someone... Yes we can do it, but please lead the way. Ok ?

+ Reply to Thread