+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ogle’s-Android... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: RIM BlackBerrys to be replaced by Apple iPhones at Halliburton, U.

Advertisement

Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Well I work in the industry (although I have stayed away from Halliburton) the most common phone by far is still BlackBerry due to its reliability and security, you don't want people playing games whilst working on the rigs or trading stocks particularly when you are drilling a well and may make a discovery . Then there are the vast temperature differences we work in from the arctic to the Sahara. I wish them luck. I am currently on a rig in freezing Temperatures the most common phone is a BB, the most common pad device is a Playbook (which I am also using and finding very useful for note taking) seeing others using it for presentations, spreadsheets and bridging e-mails. Having said that a lot of the guys also have Ipads but they leave them at the hotel since they are not so easy to carry around. Those that carry personal phones normally haVe Androids. This is based on a sample of about 100 guys and gals from about 8 companies

My company is currently using a similar number of blackberry units as Halliburton

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    A further thought. I understand from all the blogs and comments that I have read that both the IPhone and the Android system can be hacked, not sure how good you need to be to do it, but I would think that Halliburton should be concerned since they are not particularly liked by environmentalists, and since the Iraq war have not been overly liked by a number of people, so they are likely to be a target for attack (data wise). From what I understand they intend to use the easier App development capabilties of the IOS/Android platform rather than worry about data. All I can say is good luck.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I just visited Crackberry a few minutes ago, and one poster there brought up an interesting point. He mentioned the decline of Novell and the emergence of Microsoft. What he said was true, and in many ways RIM seems to be making the same mistakes as Novell.

I had always thought of Palm's decline and compared it to RIM's decline, but I had not thought about the comparisons between Novell and RIM previously.

For anyone not familiar with Novell NetWare and Windows NT Server, this Wikipedia article does a good job explaining the history and decline of Novell NetWare.

Novell waited too long, and its customers did not return.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread