+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kdaddy
  • 1 Post By papareyenc
  • 1 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...for-January-23... Smartphone News forum

Article: RIM announces new BlackBerry Curve for January 23

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Why?

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    ^^ what Roger said!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Really????
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Kdaddy no está en línea Stack level 2
    Archaic? Dead? Odd? In 2012, BB shipped their 200,000,000th phone. 45% of the population in Latin America own Blackberries and last year there were 80,000,000 BB subscribers. Although you gentlemen have moved on to other devices, if you just had a penny for every BB sold, you'd have 2 million dollars in your pocket. Plenty to buy a noun.....like Trust, or Happiness, or Pride and Belief. You might even choose the last noun to sum it up.....Communication! Think of BB as a tool, not a toy
    dushdavj likes this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I would love to see RIM make a comeback. However, it's been years since they were a real player. It's always the "next" berry that will be the game changer. After 3 or 4 years of this it kind of drives what was once a loyal user base, away. As exemplified by 98% of us who are still on what was one a thriving BlackBerry Forum. I do not, not use one because I'm mad at RIM, I use a Note2 because it's a better device for me. If RIM offers a better device, I'll be back. But with this release its apparent they are not interested in going forward. Just my. 02.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    BB is the cheapest handset you can get in Latin America as well as Africa or in some parts ofAsia. If that's the way they want to play it, fine.
    They hope their new BB 10 will be success in the US and Europe. Those are the markets that count for the time being. You succeed here and that will determine the future of RIM.
    After such a long hiatus of anything worthwhile being launched by RIM, these smartphones, heavily discounted, just manage to cover overheads. And even this is doubtful.
    Today the public demands better smartphones. It's not suffice to say it does everything that matters. So do all the others, and better. Far better.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't think there's anyone on this forum who doesn't want to see RIM make a comeback. After all, it's what we all have in common.....it was our first smartphone.....it's what brought us here in the first place.

It's a shame that people got pissed off and left when Hayden made this an all-platform forum however many years ago, but I've said it before and I'll say it again.....I guaranTEE that the majority of those people don't even own a BlackBerry anymore. Even I held out longer than most to change platforms, but the fact is, RIM got themselves WAY behind the eight ball and BB10 is their last-ditch effort to right the ship.

Even if BB10 is a relative success, I still think the company will need to be bought out in order to survive. All indications are that they've got a great device on a great OS, but is it too little too late? We'll be finding out a lot about the future of Research in Motion in the next few weeks.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdaddy View Post
    Archaic? Dead? Odd? In 2012, BB shipped their 200,000,000th phone. 45% of the population in Latin America own Blackberries and last year there were 80,000,000 BB subscribers. Although you gentlemen have moved on to other devices, if you just had a penny for every BB sold, you'd have 2 million dollars in your pocket. Plenty to buy a noun.....like Trust, or Happiness, or Pride and Belief. You might even choose the last noun to sum it up.....Communication! Think of BB as a tool, not a toy
    I don't think anyone would argue that there is still a market for bb. The argument comes in when relevance to bringing RIM back from near dead is introduced. On its own those subscribers alone can't keep the once venerable Blackberry name a contender in today's smartphone world. Lets be honest, RIM ran trust, pride, and belief into the ground with failure to innovate and lost service issues.

I'd go back, only after they prove themselves for a year or so. One device with a nicely redone OS doesn't impress me. I think even Apple is starting to see that line of thinking isn't cutting it. I know RIM intends more than one model, but survival is riding on the first.

I think of RIM I think of these words: shortsightedness, squandered opportunities, big egos. Hope is also a word that comes to mind...but far down the list.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Blackberry works for me. I have a dinosaur. For some reason i just can't let go of my Storm 2. Call me a faithful. But this news made the hair at the back my neck stand up. In a bad way.
    dushdavj likes this.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Come on guys you ask why? The answer is yet again not everyone can afford the "fancy" smartphones, secondly there are other areas in the world other than America. So RIM sees a market for it, RIM is still selling well in the Far East Africa and South America, it is also ahead of Windows Phone.

I am also using a dinosaur, we'll actually I am a dinosaur enjoying my BlackBerry. My data use is low thanks to RIM efficient use of data, particularly useful as I keep a us number in Canada, love the email, it interfaces well with my Playbook, it does what I need. I may get Z10 but not on launch, I am not even on OS7 yet.

As we always the best phone for you is the one that works best for the individual in question
    Kdaddy likes this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

+ Reply to Thread