+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...g-Product-Line... Smartphone News forum

Article: RIM Admits Falling Sales due to "Aging Product Line"

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Well, as most of us BlackBerry diehards will say, I'm taking the "wait and see" approach.

The good news is that RIM has finally admitted they have a problem. That's the first step in making lasting, impactive changes. And it's certainly exciting to read about what could be in store for us RIM devotees, but this "transition" is definitely a long overdue one. I really hope we're not disappointed yet again.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I love my i4, but if RIM makes a device this good, I'll be one of the first to go back. BlackBerry was my first smartphone and I still think the 9700 was one of the best devices I've owned.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    RIM has always been in the middle of something...

artiesberry no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32146C01
    All these years it has and continues to work for my needs.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Can they use age discrimination against the new upstarts like Apple and HTC??

BestWitted no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Can they use age discrimination against the new upstarts like Apple and HTC??
    Yes....it's described in the "Articles of Confederation for Sanctions Against New Companies": Section 7, paragraph 3, 4th sentence, words that are bold-underlined and in italics.....we need to take them to task....
    "We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
    Enjoying life in Lehi, UT with my BB 9780 on ATT

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    Too little to late ! they want to move ahead after leaving bad impressions on consumers and even their stock has been affected. I'm not saying that the Company is going to sink but what I'm saying is that they have brought unnecessary calamity to themselves. Changing OS 6.1 to 7 to buy time , no good ! Playbook with lack of finished ends , no good ! Showing new BB on their page ahead of their congress , no good ! Bad press about losing your cool , no good ! Making BB with just few refresh for years , no good ! Looking rushed and panic , no good ! My wifes BB browser working slow to render pages , no good ! They need to take a hard look and change before their reputation takes a deeper dive. Just my experience and honest consumer observation. Be respectful of my view and of me as a person everyone.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by jhutton12 View Post
    Too little to late ! they want to move ahead after leaving bad impressions on consumers and even their stock has been affected. I'm not saying that the Company is going to sink but what I'm saying is that they have brought unnecessary calamity to themselves. Changing OS 6.1 to 7 to buy time , no good ! Playbook with lack of finished ends , no good ! Showing new BB on their page ahead of their congress , no good ! Bad press about losing your cool , no good ! Making BB with just few refresh for years , no good ! Looking rushed and panic , no good ! My wifes BB browser working slow to render pages , no good ! They need to take a hard look and change before their reputation takes a deeper dive. Just my experience and honest consumer observation. Be respectful of my view and of me as a person everyone.
    Seriously dude no offense you need therapy. If you are that unhappy with rim switch phones and be done with it. Most companies if you are close to your contract being finished by as much as 2 months witll still give you the upgrade price. You are acting like rim personally insulted you. Does rim have things they need to fix, yea. Is rim playing catch up right now in the market, yea. Are there certain features I want on my bb but dont have, yea. But ya know what for all their flaws I still like my bb the best. And I think they will come out with something great soon. If I didnt, Id stop using them and get a different phone right then and there contract or no. Its just like people that hate their job, you have the option to leave anytime, you may not want to because its hard to find another job or because it will be uncomfortable, but you ALWAYS have the the choice to leave. (unless you are in the military)
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

PIN/ID
    nada
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    Seriously dude no offense you need therapy. If you are that unhappy with rim switch phones and be done with it. Most companies if you are close to your contract being finished by as much as 2 months witll still give you the upgrade price. You are acting like rim personally insulted you. Does rim have things they need to fix, yea. Is rim playing catch up right now in the market, yea. Are there certain features I want on my bb but dint have, yea. But ya know what for all their flaws I still like my bb the best. And I think they will come out with something great soon. If I didn't, Id stop using them and get a different phone right then and there contract or no. Its just like people that hate their job, you have the option to leave anytime, you may not want to because its hard to find another job or because it will be uncomfortable, but you ALWAYS have the the choice to leave. (unless you are in the military)
    Remy, I am going to respectfully disagree with you. I can't find anything in jhutton's post that wasn't accurate. As with most forums, this one included, a lot of the posts have to do with perception and opinion, and a venue to express those opinions. He stated plainly that this was "his observation", leading the reader to assume that it is his opinion only, which he is entitled to. Expressing one's opinion does not necessarily merit therapy. Although Del is pretty sure I could and should be committed.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    yea when did I say he wasnt accurate? I was referring to the fact that he was getting overly heated over something that didnt merit it. Which is where Im accurate. When you use ! in the context he did it means yelling or anger. Just like TALKING IN CAPS

An exclamation mark, exclamation point, or bang (!) is a punctuation mark usually used after an interjection or exclamation to indicate strong feelings or high volume(shouting), and often marks the end of a sentence.

There is nothing wrong with opinions and if you look at what i said I never said he was wrong. In essence I was saying relax, and giving options. And when i said he need therapy it wasnt being literal as anyone with a sense of humor would perceive by reading my reply.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'm gonna have to agree with the disgruntled gentleman and say no good.

How do you make a statement like that right before BWC? What are they going to do? Stand on stage and introduce their new line up as the aging and transitioning summer line up of 2011?

Sad really. I would love to see them bounce back, and come out with something that rivals iOS and Android.

magnat no está en línea Stack level 1
    BB is for life,they have some catching up to do but overall they have been market leaders compared to the rest_better deliver serious services late but one that lasts than last minute rushed up solutions that wont last.BB are not necessarily aiming to be the mass brand,they dont need to,they just need to be savvy and maintain their QOS.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Chokem, I have never, ever, said you should come to the looney bin!!
    This my opinion!
    My other, and others, do agree though...!
    Damn, this place is crowded...

PIN/ID
    nada
    "There is nothing wrong with opinions and if you look at what i said I never said he was wrong. In essence I was saying relax, and giving options. And when i said he need therapy it wasnt being literal as anyone with a sense of humor would perceive by reading my reply. "

Well as you can see by my avitar, I have no sense of humor at all.
    Last edited by chokem; 04-30-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast