+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...erry-Bold-9900... Smartphone News forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Article: REVIEW: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Nice review, i've always been very fond of the Bold series. Great phone

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Great minds think alike Good review. Thanks Rog. Great and beautiful the 9900. Pity the OS, the browser and the development of apps. Otherwise, the best BB ever built.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Great review, the 9900 looks like the ideal phone for businesses that require the added security, and control through BES. Screen's a little small, still I wouldn't mind having one.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Nicely done Rog.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I was skeptical going back to Blackberry after using the iPhone and several Androids phones, but I'm not sorry that I did. The Bold 9900 is a great device. The speakerphone is loud and clear. When making calls, they are clear without hiss unlike my HTC Sensation. I don't mind the screen size. It is easy to double tap while browsing to enlarge the text and easy to change a font size on an app such as SocialScope. Most sites I frequent have a mobile view now. Email is lightning fast as expected from RIM. My Bold never gets hot unlike most of my Android phones. its refreshing that I don't need to jailbreak it or change the OS to someone elses cooked up Rom and dealing with all the glitches. The media player is great. I have movies on my SD card and they play wonderfully without buffering or freezing. Love having the led light back, track pad and the best keyboard ever.

My cons would be that I get a checkerboard effect if I scroll to fast in the browser before the page has loaded. Lack of OS7 supported apps. Game quality, they are primitive compared to other platforms. But, that doesn't detour me from loving my Bold 9900. I'm really happy with this beautiful, well built device.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 10-31-2011 at 03:48 PM.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Torn between the 9900 and the Torch 9810. How do I settle this? Mind over heart (Bold) or heart over mind (torch)?

Based on both personal experience and information I've seen on other forums, I'd definitely go with the 9900.

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks Roger. Appreciate it. Better get my hands on one and get the feel of the Bold then.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I really did enjoy my BB and I still miss it. The web browsing just was not fast enough for me though. From the sounds of it, this is a great phone and as I was reading the review I was seriously wondering if maybe I should think about switching back to BB... then I got to the bit about the browser. Maybe in a few years RIM will catch up.

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    Thanks for the review...and also you lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky ****** (I *'ed it out myself no bad word filter is going to beat me)I bet you were clapping like a Sea Lion when that dropped on your doorstep.

There's a reason I got it for free. I've been very active in the BlackBerry Support Community forums and it's hard to help people on devices you don't have personal experience with, so RIM was kind enough to oblige.

knottyrope no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Nice review and good to see AT&T will have it on Nov 6th as well as the Torch 9860.

Speaking of BlackBerry Support Community.....thanks, knotty. I hear you might just be getting yourself one of those 9860s.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Trade it for an iPhone 4s asap or a samsung galaxy s II . Just kidding RIM might be reading this. Please delete if needed.here's my million dollah question. Can you jailbreak it or root it? How much for navigation apps?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast