+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By reddrvgon
  • 1 Post By jfcooley

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...id-Over-iPhone... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Reasons To Pick Android Over iPhone

Advertisement

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I would add size, in terms of hardware. The iPhone is tiny compared to many of the new Androids.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    This article is precisely the reason I stayed with T-Mobile when I found out they were getting the phone I just got, the LG myTouch Q. I could have gone anywhere and gotten an Android phone.

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I must admit that I jumped on the iPhone bandwagon and I absolutely regret it. I understand there are die hard iPhone fans that will disagree with this article and that is fine but for me everything said in this article is exactly why I would give anything to get rid of this iPhone and go back to Android. The number 1 reason is the last thing you said del, FILE MANAGER!!!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    File manager on IOS Aaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!! It really annoys me on my wifes IPad. I am a blackberry user and love the fact I can rename/open/cut/copy/paste/edit/download/upload/save/move/delete files on the device, from the PC, or from the bridge capability, on both the Playbook and the BB. This would be and is a major selling point for me which is why if RIM were no more I would go the Android or Microsoft route. I love how solid the Apple products are, and how responsive their touchscreen capabilities are, just why do they lock down their file system so much, do they really think that their users would hurt the system or do they want to handcuff you to their environment?
    Delfim likes this.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^there's a PILL for that. I'm talking about your sore throat.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    here's something else... most android devices have removable batteries, they dont have to be "jailbroken" to be used on a different carrier, access to your media from practically any computer... and finally... they're just awesome...
    Delfim likes this.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by lak611 View Post
    I would add size, in terms of hardware. The iPhone is tiny compared to many of the new Androids.
    Subjective. Some think that some Androids are too big. Subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    File manager on IOS Aaaaaarrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!! It really annoys me on my wifes IPad. I am a blackberry user and love the fact I can rename/open/cut/copy/paste/edit/download/upload/save/move/delete files on the device, from the PC, or from the bridge capability, on both the Playbook and the BB. This would be and is a major selling point for me which is why if RIM were no more I would go the Android or Microsoft route. I love how solid the Apple products are, and how responsive their touchscreen capabilities are, just why do they lock down their file system so much, do they really think that their users would hurt the system or do they want to handcuff you to their environment?
    Yes they do, Dush. Apple is evil, but you dont have to get your media from itunes... I don't. I steal it, so i'm evil too... We belong together.

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    I must admit that I jumped on the iPhone bandwagon and I absolutely regret it. I understand there are die hard iPhone fans that will disagree with this article and that is fine but for me everything said in this article is exactly why I would give anything to get rid of this iPhone and go back to Android. The number 1 reason is the last thing you said del, FILE MANAGER!!!
    I agree with some of things mentioned, but there were so many issues with Android that I couldn't stomach; no updates, malware, reading customer complaints about apps that are written poorly and crash your phone, horrible battery life...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    here's something else... most android devices have removable batteries, they dont have to be "jailbroken" to be used on a different carrier, access to your media from practically any computer... and finally... they're just awesome...
    Removable batteries are overrated just like awesome specs that receive no software updates and are stuck on an old OS. Your second point is kinda moot here is the U.S. I can't take my phone to Verizon, Tmobile or Sprint. Well, I can take it to TMobile, but then I would be stuck on EDGE...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I've read this and re-read this and have come to this conclusion:
    If you own an iPhone, odds are you thought about these things first, and either it didn't bother you or you had reasons for overlooking them.

Next week this guy will write why you should consider an iPhone over an android, or maybe he will wait until he's smitten with the iPhone 5.

Either way I bet this one generated the clicks he needed.
    lak611 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread