+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Computer-Tech... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Progress Stopped In The 1960´s. Except For Computer Tech...

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I don't agree, look at the oil industry, it may be an industry people hate but progress since the 60's has been amazing, the methodology behind discovering and exploiting oil has gone ahead in leaps and bounds, drilling boreholes horizontally in water 1000's of feet deep is not simple. Then look at the medical/drug industry, and the number of people that can now survive with a new heart a new liver transplanted lungs, surviving cancer, micro operations that can be done without cutting you open, new knees, hips etc. Go onto the car industry, and compare a car built in the 60's and one built today, or try comparing the planes you fly in or the Tv's you watch. The world has changed more in the last 40years then many of us can understand, they can help people to see to hear when they couldn't before. To say that things have stopped in everything but the computer tech industry is total rubbish

Just my opinion And thank you Del for posting articles to make us think!
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I try. Not many of these around...
    And sometimes a little controversy isn't well received here, or ever gets any response.
    Last edited by Delfim; 06-11-2012 at 09:09 AM.

+ Reply to Thread