+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...to-be-scrapped... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Plastic 5c to be scrapped...

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    *sigh*

We all know that what these "rumors" say and what actually happens are two different things.

I do, however like that they're saying here. The 5C, while I'm sure sales were good, was, in my opinion, a mistake. Had it been half the price or so of the 5S, I think they would've hit their mark with it. It just wasn't inexpensive enough. They need to stick with their M.O. in that regard......build high quality, high-priced devices.

And I've said before that I'd be all over a 5" or larger iPhone and if these reports come to fruition, I may just get my wish and be back with an Apple product.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    I don't think I would swap back even with a substantially larger iphone. Android seems to be meeting my needs at this point.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    A bigger screen is ok. A bigger iPhone by a large amount is not. I gave an iPhone and iPad. Don't see the point, for me.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think they can add an extra 1/2" to the actual iphone 5(S) screen. That would be great, resulting in an edge to edge screen format. I've said it repeatedly, a 4,5" iPhone would be fabulous. Look at the screen size (screen only) of the Nokia Lumias and you'll get the idea. Anything larger than 4,5", imo, is not going to work out.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by BP41 View Post
    A bigger screen is ok. A bigger iPhone by a large amount is not. I gave an iPhone and iPad. Don't see the point, for me.
    The point is...you can't carry an iPad everywhere with you. You can a phone. It's very nice to pull out your phone and have the extra real estate. The only question is portability. That is different for different people. I would like to have a Note but I don't see how I could get used to the size as far as portability goes. I like to side holster and a note on my belt I don't think would work. Maybe I'll just have to get me some gym shorts like Rogro and just go for it.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yeah, Rog has got it pinned down!

Trust me. Once you have the device for a few days, you get used to the size. It will fit into most pants pockets. Slides nicely into the front pocket of the Dockers I wear to work every day, as well as the basketball shorts I wear on weekends.
    catstide likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    yeah, it's because of all that plastic...

PIN/ID
    wut?
    The main reason I like it on my belt is because of all the other sht I carry in my pockets. Hard to dedicate one for the phone alone.

Seidio makes a fairly sleek case/holster combo I reviewed for the Note not too long ago.

PIN/ID
    wut?
    That's the snap in kind right? I like those ok but prefer the ole pouch kind.

Yes. I'm sure someone makes a pouch. I'd be curious myself. Haven't used a pouch since the BlackBerry days.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    The point is...you can't carry an iPad everywhere with you. You can a phone. It's very nice to pull out your phone and have the extra real estate. The only question is portability. That is different for different people. I would like to have a Note but I don't see how I could get used to the size as far as portability goes. I like to side holster and a note on my belt I don't think would work. Maybe I'll just have to get me some gym shorts like Rogro and just go for it.
    For sure. You can't carry it in your pocket and I certainly don't carry it on me everywhere. I do carry it in the car with me everywhere. On business days, yes, it's usually in my hand. For me, a five inch screen is too small. Even the iPad mini is too small for what I like to do. The combination of the iPhone and it's ultra portability and iPad with its large screen is perfect. Not saying that big screen phones don't have their place, they certainly do. For me, the trade off isn't worth it. Even with a 5" iPhone, I'd still be carrying my iPad around.

+ Reply to Thread