+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...SM-It’s-A-Sin…... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: PLAGIARISM: It’s A Sin…

Advertisement

raton and jfcooley like this.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I must admit I was more than upset when all of this went down. I did not have the facts, just bits and pieces, and being human, I jumped to conclusions that were not factual. After hearing what happened, and hearing your side, I realize it was human error, no more, no less. The important thing is you owned it and apologized. You made a mistake, I also made one in rushing to judgement, and for that I apologize also.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    No need to apologize Glenn. Not at all. I'm the stirrer here...

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Guess I missed it. Either way, del you've owned this guy, hopefully Mr Rojas will forgive and forget. If he knew you as we do I think he'd realize it wasn't anything but a dropped ball.

PS. Someone pm me and tell me whatvl the hell happened? I feel like the step child no one talks to.
    Last edited by jfcooley; 10-24-2011 at 04:39 PM.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I saw the email come through re guarding the comments made. Totally not a way to treat someone no matter what the situation is. A simple PM saying that you should either remove it or link to the original article would of solved the issue in the matter of minutes. Delfim keep up the good work and don't let this bother you, just remember give credit where it is due.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    wow! i guess i missed it.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

papareyenc no está en línea Stack level 3
    We all make mistakes. And we all learn a lesson or two from each. Own the mistake, enjoy the lesson It's a humbling experience, but it's always a good one. Group hug?

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Shame on you Del, I expected something like this coming from someone else but not you...(points finger, shakes head)

Just kiddin' .
    Dude we all make mistakes. I do understand you're just trying to keep us all informed of what's happening out there in the tech world. And for that Sir, I'm much obliged. Obrigado por todo. Keep on the great work you've been doing.
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have to admit that I was pretty pissed off Saturday night when I saw the fallout of this on Twitter. It wasn't flattering to say the least. Everyone makes mistakes and I commend you for speaking up and taking it on the chin.

Delfim, I've always respected your opinion even though sometimes I don't agree with you, you always came across honest and sincere and that's what counts.

Let's put it in the past and move on. Your a major contributor to Pinstack and you have proven your passion and your views help make this place what it is.

I hope that you find strength in your personal situation and hope to see you soon back at it.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Oops, everyone makes mistakes. Delfim spends a lot of time finding points of interest for our reading pleasure, and 99.99% of the time the credits are there, people can forget, as was said earlier this could so easily have been solved with a quick message, but I suppose these days things go public so quickly, life is very different today. It takes a lot of character to admit a mistake to onself and ones loved ones, it takes a great man/woman to admit ones mistake publicly. I salute you Del, and look forward to your continued contributions. I hope that your family member is ok, and on the road to recovery

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I'm really sorry to hear all of this. I haven't been around, so I missed it. I hope everything works out well.

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    I cannot comment really on whats gone by as I do not know the whole story, however, I do see an apology which is always hard to make.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    To be honest Plagiarism is bad is it has been done intentionally, to pass an exam, make high grades on a paper, make money or any other means of profiting from using somebody's work. If you check through the web you will find that an article posted on one website is often re-posted on other sites so re-posting is not unusual. In this case a mistake was made, an honest one and a quick heart felt apology has followed, the post was not made for profit, so the apology should be accepted and things should move on. Has a similar circulation on Twitter taken place following the apology, or do these things only happen when some one is upset and not when a person tries to make amends?
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    To be honest Plagiarism is bad is it has been done intentionally, to pass an exam, make high grades on a paper, make money or any other means of profiting from using somebody's work. If you check through the web you will find that an article posted on one website is often re-posted on other sites so re-posting is not unusual. In this case a mistake was made, an honest one and a quick heart felt apology has followed, the post was not made for profit, so the apology should be accepted and things should move on. Has a similar circulation on Twitter taken place following the apology, or do these things only happen when some one is upset and not when a person tries to make amends?
    I have not seen anything on Twitter today, so I really don't know.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

DriverFIT no está en línea Stack level 1

I sin therefore I am

Del you made a mistake and you owned up to it. That's what counts. It's a sin, but it's also forgiven by the One whose forgivenss really counts. Don't let this get you down! I don't post anything but I usually check the site for news a couple of times a week. Appreciate all the work you guys do gathering the info and posting them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast