+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RogerG
  • 3 Post By BP41
  • 1 Post By catstide

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...rated-in-hours... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Photoshop CC Cracked, Pirated in hours

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    So how the heck do you download this? Not that I'm condoning that sort of thing.
    chokem likes this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Download an app ex. UTorrent, And then through Pirate Bay (for instance) search for Photoshop (or anything else) and off you go.
    I don't like doing this myself for all the cookies and crap that come along with it, but if you're in need or haven't got the buckaroos to buy it, then that's what you do.
    Not that I advise it. But if you're into Robin Hood, well then...

Meh. Not worth it.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Apps such as Adobe's Creative Suite need to be pirated. It's a core function for it's use. Young kids, and they start young these days have access to decent computers but the software is costly. Someone who's even in collage can't afford a $800 suite or even an extra $30-$50/ month to learn. This is why it's so important for the companies to say on one end, "we don't want pirating" yet still not put great effort into stopping it. Pirating these style apps are the reason that freeware software (sometimes, on par or better) don't really take hold in the marketplace. Most everyone has grew up using a pirated copy of something Adobe. They know how to use it, and use it well. There is very little learning curve when entering the workforce and using the software.

Now, pirating apps from small developers, iOS, Android. There isn't anything to gain. Other than stealing for your pleasure. Sure it's a great way to test out an app and see if it's worth spending the money on. But IMO, if you use it, you should pay for it. Cydia on iOS is a great example of this. Multiple pirate repo's available, though most don't use them to test and then buy. I really think it's something Google and Apple need to start addressing. Especially iOS. It hurts small developers who have spent a lot of time with little reward. We've already seen the affects on some who have had to pull their apps because of this.

It's a give and take situation. Big companies such as Adobe aren't concerned. They know it's good for their product. In the end, it's a reflection on one's character.

I have and will continue to use the system as it is right now. But if I keep an app, I pay for it. It's only fair and helps smaller guys create more great things.
    RogerG, Delfim and jfcooley like this.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    you've just hit the nail on the head. An expensive app like Adobe needs to be tested first before the big bucks get thrown at it, in this case like an investment. I don't have on any pc of mine a single pirated app. I don't believe in stealing from anyone, even the air they breath.
    As for apps for iOS or Android, (and with Android you have far more apps you can try before you buy) it's the same, exact sentiment.
    I wouldn't like anyone, anything or anybody stealing what I own.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    If I was still making blackberry themes I would be all over this but don't really need it but I might dl it for kicks and giggles. 

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Most of these expensive suites have special discounts for students, which should negate the need to take something that is not yours, because this is what you are doing. It should not be condoned or encouraged. I don't see there is any excuse to do it. If you can't afford Adobe buy one of the others on the market or use one of the excellent free programs out there.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    Most of these expensive suites have special discounts for students, which should negate the need to take something that is not yours, because this is what you are doing. It should not be condoned or encouraged. I don't see there is any excuse to do it. If you can't afford Adobe buy one of the others on the market or use one of the excellent free programs out there.
    While that technically is the right thing. It's just not possible. We're talking kids too, not just college students. Do you really think that a parent is going to spend $800 for a piece of software so their child can play around and learn it. The answer is a resounding NO.

I love the idea of "if you can't afford adobe , buy something else....". Yet just about every company in these fields use Adobe. So to have the knowledge already and many years experience is fantastic. Adobe knows this. And guess what. That young kid that pirated a copy that's now grown up. I bet he paid for the suite. Because he knows it. He grew up on it. So your idea of "can't afford, buy something else" just doesn't work in the real world. And never will.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I used to sell Adobe and Microsoft software. Neither would provide software that I could get familiar with to sell effectively. I downloaded them and learned both, thus sold them well.

Years later I left that job to take a graphic designer job for four papers. I got the job because I had experience with the software, including PS, Illustrator, and quark. None I could even come close to affording.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    aaaarrrrggggg!
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    aaaarrrrggggg!
    S'matter?

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Cats purchased it. It must be.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    That was my pirate sound.
    RogerG likes this.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    When my son was at school I purchased Adobe for him 25% of its then price, about the same cost as a pair of designer basketball boots. Parents seem happy enough to spend on them or to rush out and buy their kids IPhones or IPads as soon as the new ones come out, how is this different to software?
    With Microsoft my daughter bought Office for $25 as a student and I recently purchased the latest version for a special low price under the company purchase scheme

It is a matter of your priorities. I personally would go without if I think the item is too expensive. Photoshop is a massive program, is it worth the price, we'll it depends how much and what you use it for. Is it worth it for a 10 year old well that depends on how you view the child prodigy, I would still suggest starting with simpler software to identify talent first.

+ Reply to Thread