+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Patent-Issues... Smartphone News forum

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Article: Patent Issues

Advertisement

Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Just great... and appropriate !

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    If Pinstack allowed images as signatures this would be mine.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    That's a great one, especially with all these patent lawsuit soap operas lately.

Villordsutch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2A2F75F4
    Fantastic.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    yeah this patent stuff is ridiculous. i mean if Ford wants to make a car that looks just like a Porsche they should be able to. i mean Porsche is making plenty of money so they probably wouldn't care. then the Ford version of the Porsche would be a lot more affordable for all of us.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    yeah this patent stuff is ridiculous. i mean if Ford wants to make a car that looks just like a Porsche they should be able to. i mean Porsche is making plenty of money so they probably wouldn't care. then the Ford version of the Porsche would be a lot more affordable for all of us.
    Point lost. People wouldn't buy that Ford thinking there getting a Porsche. Just like I didn't buy a GT 10.1 thinking I was getting an ipad. Further more, I got it KNOWING it wasn't an ipad because it has a larger screen, Android, and it fit me better. The crap Apple is pulling is just bull. Somewhere Sammy peed in Apples fruitloops and now we have a corporate Hatfield vs McCoy feud. There's no copyright issue. As the cartoon lampoons, what shape should it be, a triangle?

Shape aside, are we really to believe that icons are a huge issue? Especially when I'd say only a few resemble Apple icons.

But lets pretend the world is blind and everyone believes they look so much alike that confusion will run rampant. Lets assume that poor old uneducated iSheep flock to stores and get duped into buying a Tab. I mean isn't that what's implied? Maybe you guys should wonder why Apple is afraid you'd be so uninformed when you spend $500+. Guess they figure all the money they spend on advertising isn't enough, there OS isn't enough, or maybe their internals aren't enough, its that smooth glass shape and pretty icons folks are drawn in by.

C'mon, really? I know you guys are smarter, better informed than the gods on Mt.Cupertino (apparently) give you credit for.

Anyway, moving on before I lose my train of thought, why go only after Sammy? The Xoom is rectangular and black. The Asus are rectangular and black. My chalkboard is rectangular and black.

What about those icons? Go to Android Market. With a little effort you will find themes that use iOS icons, and OMG, some are PAID. Some teenager is making money off those! Call Apples lawyers, that's downright infringement, bookem Dan'o.

Seriously, my take on this is its ALL stupid. Both sides. I'd bet a meager paycheck it has something to do with Sammy supplying parts. Sammy didn't give Apple its preferred superduper best business buddy discount or something. Apple gets mad as a batcrap crazy powerful millionaire and decides to Sue to a better price. Doesn't make sense after all the money spent on lawyers, but sense and business go together like Androids and Apples.

Just my take cat, please don't get offended if it seems I was insulting you. I rant on this, and some humor doesn't translate from my head to typing very well.

Just incase...here's the Smiley to appease the masses.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Seriously, Jay.....you should really stop sugarcoating things and tell us how you REALLY feel about this.

At least no warning. I call that a win!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think everyone has, and needs to have an opinion about this subject. Jay nor anyone need to sugarcoat anything. Or paint it black if that's the case. As long as we respect each others opinion. As long as we are not offensive to anyone.
    Getting back on track, I come to the conclusion that this lot of legal actions and counter legal actions all fit a business plan, whether it's Apple, Samsung, IBM, Microsoft, you name them...
    And while they go about doing it, they garner free advertising and they keep us dodo's (commentators and readers) entertained.
    I say to hell with the lot. For companies that show billions in profits (all of them) why should we care.
    They couldn't care one single small iota about our problems.
    Now, there are comments from all sides here that are sarcastic (if used wrongly, it very offensive, and as we know, it's the lowest form of wit) and some comments are damn hurtful. Some understand the sarcasm and throw it over their shoulder. Others may not, and within their right, do answer. And then it escalates.
    I also stand accused. I will do my best to avoid this type of discussion.
    Somebody ( hey Mods , calling you here...) stop me if I do.
    Silence is most of the times the best answer.
    Like the Greeks say, with an open handed thrust into the air: "NAH" !
    Last edited by Delfim; 10-19-2011 at 06:16 PM.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    j I'm not offended at all. Obviously you are better informed and more knowledgable on this subject than I am. I think most of the patent crap is simply that,crap. The point I was making in my silly comment wasn't that people would be "tricked" into buying the Ford thinking it was a Porsche but Ford would be capitalizing on Porsche's "look" and the research and development they put into making it look the way it does. Having said that I admit I haven't read any articles(except parts of the one in this thread)on the subject and i really don't know what Apples argument is or what Samsung's defense is. I do agree that this is a much deeper subject than it appears on the surface. It could be the urine in the breakfast cereal after all. Bottom line is....I really don't care
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Well cat, I've discussed this a bit here. Even had this topic get me in trouble.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Wow and I just thought it was funny . Actually I am more of the opinion of Jay and Del, in that I think this whole Patent issue is a total waste of time and money. If we go for the car analogy when I was growing up each manufacturer would make cars of different designs, the Fords, Rovers, Jaguars, Austins, etc were all different. Today all the. SUV's, cars look the same, no patent battles. No there is more to it, something has upset Apple

+ Reply to Thread