+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Freedom of choice...in another context...not being bound or influenced by brand names or OS versions/types ... Smartphone News forum

KTW
    KTW no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Freedom of choice...in another context...not being bound or influenced by brand names or OS versions/types when making choices, so you feel no wrong or regret that you might prefer another platform...it happens with apps too and is most "illogical"...If Black Berry should make a better phone for my needs than any other and I refuse it because of the OS or brand name or even on a matter that's even more stupid...others opinions towards it. man's opinion is so futile and meaningless, it achieves nothing nor betters nothing, how about being teased at school ? those opinions against you are so pointless that the people who "thought" them up should not have even bothered. The same is true towards hating and preferring name brands which includes not only cellphones but cars, food brands, even clothing brands.... at the end of the day I say, do not base your facts on opinions but base your opinions on facts which are easily proven when tested. nuf said...
    Last edited by KTW; 07-23-2013 at 05:52 AM. Reason: fremented englinsh

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
    Lighten up, Brendon. We were just having a little fun with the maturity thing. I'm pretty sure we're smart enough to "get" what the article is about.
    This.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Here we go again. Ultimately, it's just what you make of it. If it works for you, fine. These wars are the same as you rooting for your favorite sports team. It's subjective, always.
    I found the reasons for Bajarin's choice to be the same as mine. IOS is simple and efficient. The apps are good quality throughout.
    Is it a case of maturity? Yes and no. It's a case of practicality. It works, it's good and I'm more productive.
    Theres no other OS like it. Not yet.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    while some will argue over Android and iOS. iOS has already won that fight.
    Care to elaborate on how iOS has won that fight?
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Let me just add this:
    Up until about the end of 2012 I was officially unemployed. That was my condition up until then, and although I had other ways of earning an income I used that time of inactivity (really?) to set up a business which took off n 2013.
    This to say, that I had time aplenty to play around with all types of phones and OS's.
    I enjoyed them all, particularly Android, and I still love the damn thing and have a Nexus 4 that is my "backup" smartphone.
    But...iOS works very well for me now. I need productivity and I need to make my business more efficient. And earn the money that I need. I'm self employed and I'm concerned with maxing out my work and effort with profitability. That´s the bottom line.
    I have no time to waste. I love Android.
    I need iOS.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Its OK Del. You'll be back.
    Until then you're dead to me

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^I'm alive and well, thank-you!
    No need for resurrection. Android is your cross. You bear it.

BP41 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    7B47F4DA
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Care to elaborate on how iOS has won that fight?
    Sure. The name of the game here is customer retention and profits. An automatic purchase despite what else is on the market. Your customers will need to look at you first and everything else second. Apple has this with iOS. It has very high user retention that's based not just around the iPhone, but also the iPad,iPod Touch, and the Mac. The complete ecosystem if you will. The iPhone and iPod Touch are the gateway devices. They get you in the system and provide a great experience so that on if you're now looking into a tablet. The iPad is a no brainer. If you're looking into a PC, the Mac is. The reason is the ease of use and integration with devices you already own. And they make money doing it. They have the lions share of profits. If you're not making money, you're not going to last. Market share has never had anything to do with profits. It's a cool statistic to look at. But it doesn't matter in the long run. Take the smartphone market and tablet market. We can clearly see who's winning that fight. Apple and Samsung. Not Apple and Android.

Android has and doesn't have this in varying degrees. Sure Google services are agnostic but they also aren't core apps or services. They're 3rd party. Even on Android. That is, unless you use a Nexus device. So customer retention is a very hard thing for Android to acquire. So between Android and iOS for longevity, iOS has already won. It's "closed" system is a far better model than the "open" of Android. This has always been the case. Since PCs it's been the case.

Enter Samsung. It's the only Android dog in the fight for customers over the long haul and the only true competition for Apple. they are the only other company enjoying profits in this sector and they want to keep it that way. They have done a great job at taking Apple's model and fitting it into their plans for the future. Apple and Samsung both see this. Google really could care less either way as they sell ads and all of their services are available no matter the device. Samsung has a plan in place to keep customers. They have made their UI very similar across all of their devices. It's just as easy to pick up a Galaxy Tab and log into your Samsung services as it is on your Galaxy S3 or 4 or Note. They're constantly building that ecosystem that Android can not. They also have something in their pocket that Google doesn't have. The PCs. I'm not sure if it's available now but I wouldn't expect it to be much longer before we see the core apps from touchwize appear on Samsung PC's. They have something else that no one else in this industry has. TV's. Yes Apple's TV box is great and works with any TV you want. But Samsung has the new buyers. It's a much more attractive if You already own a GS4 or Note to purchase a TV that can stream or mirror your device. It's all about having everything work and work seamlessly.

That's short and I have much more that I can go into. I hope this gives you some good food for thought and look forward to your thoughts about it. To cap this off, Samsung is rumored to start a WWDC/Google I/O event of their own. Further backing up my points, I believe.

Again, the tech gurus will always be in the minority. That's why Apple,Google and Samsung don't cater to them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12