+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...s-it-even-work... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: OPINION: Using the tablet in the office--does it even work?

Advertisement

I use my BlackBerry Playbook extensively in my office. I use the spreadsheet app to make employee schedules, do all of my email and word processing on it, order all raw materials from local purveyors on it (through wifi), plus a few other tasks. I use its 5 MP camera when I need to document anything and can email the pic directly from the device. I think my use of the Playbook is about 80% and the desktop computer is 20% I use the BlackBerry's calendar, which syncs with Google, also. If the iPad and the Android tablets are stronger than the PlayBook (as everyone alleges, but I have yet to see) then +1.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I don´t think, in real, real everyday usage, any of the Tablets really supercede each other. In my opinion if it works, that´s it, it works. I suppose if you´re on the Apple eco-system (Mac, iPhone) then the iPad is the, answer. If you´re into PC, Unix, the answer will be mostly Android at this time, although I stand by you when you back the Playbook. I tried it recently, and I was pleasantly surprised how easily it handled Office (it had the familiar Docs To GO). Definitely a solution, and very good build quality as well.
    Now, we just have to wait and see how the Surface (and all other Windows tabs) are going to fare. But yes, I do think a tab in the office, is entirely possible. And pleasant. Very useful!

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I agree with Mark, I use my Playbook not only in the office but also out in the field. When you are on a rig you are supposed to have hands free, we'll the Playbook fits in the coverall pockets, it has a camera which is extremely useful, a spreadsheet for documentation, it us so much more efficient than writing notes then transcribing. I also use 2 different notebook computers and a desktop running Red Hat and Windows 7. Everything has its use for example the Playbook does not replace the computer it supplements it.

+ Reply to Thread