+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ventz

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.php?r=5180-OPINION... Smartphone News forum

  1. #1
    Delfim's Avatar
    Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Posts
    14,886

    Article: OPINION: Google and Facebook Might Completely Disappear in the Nex

    Advertisement




  2. #2
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    Good read, thx

  3. #3
    ventz's Avatar
    ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    547
    Interesting. I don't see google ever going away for one reason - what brought them to life is what they are incredible at -- search. This is something that is very much needed, and no matter how much I try alternatives, nothing seems to compare to google.
    lak611 likes this.

  4. #4
    TeriO's Avatar
    TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    278
    I am not sure that I buy Google being gone in 5-8 years. That's not to say that I think they will be around forever, only that I am not sure I buy into that time frame. They are so pervasive to the Internet right now that there would have to be something to take their place for them to be completely gone in that window of time. I would be more willing to buy that in 5-8 years they will be on their way out... if something comes up that is just as powerful of a search engine that they are.

  5. #5
    srl7741's Avatar
    srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    May 2006
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Posts
    6,359
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I am not sure that I buy Google being gone in 5-8 years. That's not to say that I think they will be around forever, only that I am not sure I buy into that time frame. They are so pervasive to the Internet right now that there would have to be something to take their place for them to be completely gone in that window of time. I would be more willing to buy that in 5-8 years they will be on their way out... if something comes up that is just as powerful of a search engine that they are.
    One word could taken them down overnight literally "Privacy" tracking users and selling that for Ad revenue and having those users become upset. Google has been pushing their luck for awhile. It's a fine line and they walk right up to the edge.

    .

  6. #6
    CombatGOD's Avatar
    CombatGOD no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    One word could taken them down overnight literally "Privacy" tracking users and selling that for Ad revenue and having those users become upset. Google has been pushing their luck for awhile. It's a fine line and they walk right up to the edge.

    .
    Not just walk up to the edge, they lean on and over it at times. Goverment and Corporations only have the power that we give them. If we give them the power, they will use it. Take Apple for example, they created a mystique around their products, but as users we bought into this and have allowed them to continue this trend. Would they be any differant if we had treated them like just another tech company?

  7. #7
    lak611's Avatar
    lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Posts
    1,370
    Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    Interesting. I don't see google ever going away for one reason - what brought them to life is what they are incredible at -- search. This is something that is very much needed, and no matter how much I try alternatives, nothing seems to compare to google.
    I agree with you.
    Laura

    Follow me on Twitter @lak611

  8. #8
    TeriO's Avatar
    TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    278
    That's a good point srl, though I think (what they have shown thus far anyway) that they will continue to take it up to the line, but not cross it. One would hope so anyway. LOL

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •