+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dushdavj
  • 1 Post By lak611

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ook-good-again... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: OPINION: Apple makes Microsoft look good, again

Advertisement

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Interesting read. I could definitely see not lugging my laptop around if I could suddenly use Office on it.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    For me, while using spreadsheets on a Pad device is useful in a simple manner, if you are doing anything complicated either format wise or formula wise you need to go to a PC. I tried doing some editing an excel spreadsheet using Numbers on the IPad2 and after about half an hour I wanted to throw it across the room in frustration. I would have had the same problem with the Playbook only I didn’t pay $10 for the spreadsheet! Still it is good for displaying the sheets and doing presentations making minor changes but anything more, the PC has to come out to play.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^^ agreed. ACTUALLY creating new documents on a Pad (be it on the iPad with Numbers or the Docs to Go on the iPad or Android) or whether you use Polaris or any other app, is a no-no. I almost threw the iPad out the window too, when in Italy, and trying to create a Numbers sheet to send over to Portugal. I resorted to borrowing a PC from a neighbour to create the Excel , send the doc (quite extensive) via mail to my own mail address and then editing it on the pad... even then with great difficulty because neither iWorks (iCLOUD) nor Google Docs seemed to be able to get the document synced correctly. Utter frustration.Someone better invent something else... Maybe MS Office will be the answer.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I agree. Docs to Go on the Blackberry also is ok for reading or very minor editing; however, it is not robust enough for any serious content creation. A full version of MS Office is required for any serious content creation.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Rough note taking it works well and when I was in the field it saved me a lot of time created a basic spreadsheet inputting dates, quick calculations then when I had time I was able to format the files how I wanted them on the pc A nice thing about the Playbook is that it doesn't pretend to be a PC replacement, it's a tool its like taking your moleskin or day planner with you along with some nice tools, but a pc is still required. I would never recommend someone buying a tablet instead of a pc unless they use it more for games and social networking
    lak611 likes this.

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    Tablets would also be feasible for folks who only use e-mail and browsing.
    dushdavj likes this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

+ Reply to Thread