+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jfcooley, I feel for you my brother. Come, join is in thr rank of thr ... Smartphone News forum

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A

Advertisement

Jfcooley, I feel for you my brother. Come, join is in thr rank of thr iPhone and You líder William be HAPPY and trouble free. Lol

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    I looked at the iPhone the other day when I went back to replace the defective (pretty sure it was) Nexus. I didn't post because I wanted to look and decide for myself.

I remembered the advice Chokem gave me while holding the thing. I have a pc now that is half decent and I could have managed the itunes issue, but honestly the small screen and lack of customizing it pushed me away.

It's a great device, just not for me. I wouldn't be happy, something my wife pointed out while I was looking at it. I'm too invested in the Android ecosystem to abandon it.

I got my 2200 mah battery, and the instructions said to charge and discharge fully 5 times. I'm on #5, and I have to say it has solved most of the battery issues I had. I ran tether unplugged for quite awhile yesterday and noticed the battery held up fine. Screen on time after 12 hours was a little over 2 hours, with 27% left before I really started pushing it. Still took over an hour and a half to get to 3% before I plugged it in. That was screen on, surfing, downloading and rebooting several times. Overall so far I am happy with the replacement battery, even though I lose NFC with it. Nothing around here uses it so no big loss.

Also switched kernels and seems to have eliminated heat issue. I have underclocked the GPU and that has helped a bit with battery as well. May go back to 500+ mghz but not sure. No real performance hit on my usage.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ^^^ Happy camper it seems. Now, just settle down. You've got a great phone.
    Remember that Adam got tempted with an Apple. We've been paying the price ever since. It's good to know Cass is no Eve.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Great phone, but not 100% what I wanted. I have to adjust and adapt. Wish I could have waited but my S2 had to go south.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12