+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...one-Use-in-USA... Smartphone News forum

Article: NTSB Recommends Banning All Cellphone Use While Driving in USA

Advertisement

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Ban texting not calling,especially not hands free calling.Sure accident rates would drop with a total ban but so would dropping the speed limit on freeways to 35mph.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Start of a slippery slope, no hands free, next no children in the car, cos they're distractions, then no passengers, no music/radio, cos you fiddle with the dials, no gps, no pets in fact maybe you shouldn't even drive then the pollution will be reduced

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    For every new law passed it should be required to recall three. Polititians think the only way to measure their success is to sponsor some new legislation that passes into law

I agree if you carry a lighter in your pocket their is a chance you could get burnt and if you don't carry a lighter you won't but to make something a law is too far. Nanny State

What about reading the paper, watching a movie, putting on makeup, eating, getting dressed, smoking, listening to the radio?

A Federal Agency that is Independant? Right..... Oxymoron

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think driving, generally, and doing it responsibly with consideration for other users, is quite a job in itself.Doing anything else as writing an sms, looking for something on the floor, reading a book or a paper, putting make up on, getting dressed ...while you drive is absolutely nuts. Drivers causing accidents, which results in a death, due to these actions, should be accused of voluntary homicide.
    Voluntary ? Yes. Because you consciously know that what you are doing, can kill someone.
    Last edited by Delfim; 12-14-2011 at 04:53 PM.

jhutton12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7BB5F94A
    I agree with you srl, they need to take others thing too then if they want to pass such law! Lol

+ Reply to Thread