+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rdills

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ir-Commercials... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: So Now What Will iPad Rivals Say in Their Commercials?

Advertisement

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I'll give it a shot;"Buy one get one free""Now for unlimited time Android tablets $99""Aww hell, go get your moneys worth and pick up an iPad""Steve Jobs was right and we were wrong""Now your Tablet and phone will have better battery life""Who really needs Flash anyway"I think with these selling points Android could gain market share.

^^^ Everytime I post on the front page my posts are turned to one big unreadable paragraph? Annoying.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Let me see if I read that correct? Adobe is discontinuing Flash and RIM is still going to continue to develop it for use on it's products? Really?

Someone call the 'Foolish Squad" and stop by RIM's HQ with flash cards or any other learning tools to help them out.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Well, all Android devices will soon have the full Chrome browser experience, so no biggie. If anyone thinks flash is Android's only advantage, then they're seriously misinformed. I've always enjoyed having it, but its just another feature on long list.
    jfcooley likes this.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    ^^^^^ +1

Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Well, all Android devices will soon have the full Chrome browser experience, so no biggie. If anyone thinks flash is Android's only advantage, then they're seriously misinformed. I've always enjoyed having it, but its just another feature on long list.
    RIM is misinformed, and one of Androids main selling points is no longer worthwhile.

I've heard too many Fandroids today talk about how flash was just an "ok" feature after they gloated about it for the past year. I think they are seriously in denial.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far this is just a rumor. Edit: no longer a rumor http://tinyurl.com/7ty2k5x

Nothing from Adobe but layoffs.Until then I'll add this....I still prefer my tablet over an idevice. Oh, and best of my knowledge this "fandroid" has only mentioned flash once. I'm not sure I considered this a selling point though when I made my purchase.

BTW, del....why the anti-android articles........??????
    Last edited by jfcooley; 11-09-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Nope. It's been confirmed.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/11/09/adobe-confirms-flash-player-is-dead-for-mobile-devices/

When I said "fandroid" I wasn't talking about you, Cooley, but I still admire your strong opinion.

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Not having Flash on those Android devices going forward will only make them better, stronger and faster not to mention having a longer lasting battery.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Not having Flash on those Android devices going forward will only make them better, stronger and faster not to mention having a longer lasting battery.
    Yep. This is a good thing for the entire web

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Exactly.

Even though HTML5 has a long way to go, at least we are moving past Flash and its inadequate performance.

Thanks for the update Cap. I found it also after I posted. Forgot I should search before posting from time to time.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Since the Playbook is on here, and all the comments have been for the Android, the latest news on the Playbook, is that RIM will continue to support Flash and HTML5, Adobe will continue to support it on the Playbook. So we will see how it goes. I didn't buy the Playbook because it had Flash I bought it because it has true multitasking

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Y'know, like everything else that's come and gone, this is going to be one helluva long process...IMO nothing to worry about, or to even "live" in expectations of the "new" HTML5 or any other that will probably pop up. By that time our present phones, smartphones or pads are history...

+ Reply to Thread