+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...g-Is-Hosed-Too... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Now An Analyst Says Samsung Is Hosed, Too

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Not sure I fully understand this reasoning. Let me see Apple relies on Mobile phones, computers and of course ITunes for it's revenue, and it was not doing very well until the IPhone was released. Samsung on the other hand make phones, plus tablets, plus computers, plus, components, plus washing machines, refrigerators, stereo systems, flat panel monitors, TV's and have their finger in the pie in shipping, transportation etc etc, they are an enormous company. So one wonders why the analyst bases the stock movement on their Galaxy range? Maybe I am missing something here but to me diversification is key, if the IPhone sells less this could hurt Apple as this would mean less App sales less movement on ITunes knock on problem over time.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I think if Samsung's core profits were based on the SIII or the Notes or Tablets, or even their endless line of smart and dumb phones, the whole holding company as a whole would be on dire straits. Granted that the department or subsidiary that is responsible for their cellular tech division has greatly benefitted from the record sales of their smartphones, this department is not solely responsible for the Samsung profit making. It's only one of the many branches of their vast manufacturing processes.
    As you said this is all very confusing when it's reported like this. The comparisons to Apple for instance are not that transparent or even endowed with meaning.
    The vision is greatly impaired. It's a case of seeing the tree and not the forest in which that tree belongs.
    Let me add this as well. Unlike Apple and others that depend on outside manufacturers to build their product, in China or Taiwan or where ever, Samsung does the whole lot indoors and within the Samsung group. That, Dave is a key to success. To their company and employee prosperity, shareholders and ultimately for their own country.
    Last edited by Delfim; 03-07-2013 at 02:14 PM.

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Exactly, it is very strange that intelligent people live in such a microcosm that they want to show that if the company/person/country they support has problems they have to demonstrate that others will have similar problems. As you say Del Samsung does it all and that is why they are successful, they are even looking at their own OS. I am not making a judgment on the quality of their phones, or comparing their phone to Apple, or even commenting on who copied who it is more about what makes a company profitable.

+ Reply to Thread