+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...-Like-the-7290... Smartphone News forum

Article: Nothing Like the 7290

Advertisement

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    (I say "Dang, where's the QWERTY?" He says "Hey, dude, your touchscreen doesn't work")

I love that one^^

I still happen to believe the Pearl changed it all and brought with it a new type of user and consumer.

Remember going from the wheel to trackball for the first time? Remember going back to the track wheel after using the Ball?

I agree with that, srl7741. The 8100 Pearl: First Trackball, First Camera, First microSD, and the first time a lot of people payed attention to BlackBerry . . .

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    As great as the new features and enhancements are on todays devices, the simplicity of the "traditional" black/blue-berry's will be missed. I have an 8800 that's 3+ years and still kick'n pretty well, with a few bumps here and there, but overall it's getting the job done everyday.

I've gotta say that I hope RIM announces something new relatively quickly, maybe at WES. This 8800 is great but I'm ready for an upgrade, I've got the glitz and glamour bug of the flashy new devices and I wanna see RIMs response to the almost weekly new device announcements that just don't stop.

They've been silent since that "old 9700" came out way back in Nov '09

mosaeus no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask 4 it
    The 7290 was my first Blackberry so I can definitely relate to this post. From time to time (mostly for nostalgia sake) I pop my SIM card into the 7200 and use it as my primary device, will my 9700 whimpers in the background, lol.

The Pearl (81xx) was RIM's way of saying "hey, we can make cool media, smartphoney devices too" and was one of my fave Bb's due to the "normal phone size", it wasn't bulky, did require two hands, but still had all the dopeness that makes a Blackberry product so useful.

The Curve (83xx) was a workhorse, finally we got 64MB of RAM and I used each and every byte! The keyboard was the Best I Ever Had, and honestly had RIM updated 83xx's to OS 5.0 I'd probably still have it.

The Bold (97xx) is an amalgamation of all of these devices. Still workhorse, multi-media, great camera and almost 4x the memory of the previous Curve. Snappy as all hell, able to run multiple applications without as much as a whimper, however the keyboard is way small. So small that I contemplate going back to the 83xx just so I can type quicker, if it wasn't so slow, I just might, lol!

Flight3 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This is soo true. There is no one "best phone", it all depends on our likes and needs.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Mark Stone, you´re a BB best friend ! And another BB friend, best friend... Thanks for the History, and I must add that you´re damn right - I have a 7290 which I occasionally take and dust off, slip a card in and configure the service books, and low and behold it´s off to work, merrily !
    The papa 7290, projected to 2009 is the child 9700.
    Now all I want, is to for the time when the grandchildren arrive !
    Last edited by Delfim; 04-16-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Spelling and text

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Someone else had this problem, why can I only see the first comment. 4th machine i've tried from - 3 different connections.

+ Reply to Thread