+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...mia-900-Review... Smartphone News forum

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more

Article: Nokia Lumia 900 Review

Advertisement

RogerG, Delfim and dushdavj like this.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Thanks Laura. Its good to get a perspectice from a user.Overall it seems like a good smartphone. It's a welcome breath of fresh air in a world of fruit and robots...Well done.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Good review. Better then the ones on Amazon, and the usual suspects accross the web. Always like real world reviews.
    Delfim likes this.

Excellent review Laura! It directly addresses areas where most users would be curious about performance, and it is well-written. Jolly Good Show!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Great job, Laura! Thanks for sharing your experiences with the device. It's nice to have another platform "expert" to rely on here.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Nicely done Laura. Enjoy your new device!
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I knew it was a good phone. How do you like the screen size so far? Will you be looking back at RIM w/one eye?

PIN/ID
    no more
    I'm glad you all liked my review. I said I'd write one, but I wanted to use the device a while to really get it feel for it, especially with regard to battery life. I'll revisit the battery life once I get LTE.

The screen size is one area that I really like. 4.3" is perfect for typing in either portrait or landscape. By comparison, the BlackBerry 9810 or iPhone screens seem a bit small. On the other hand, the Galaxy Note screen is too big. The Galaxy S II Skyrocket would be a great size too, at 4.5".

I really thought I'd miss my BlackBerry, especially because of BBM. However, WhatsApp has turned out to be a great replacement for BBM.

Of course, I'll take a look at the BB10 devices whenever they arrive, since I like checking out what's new in the world of smartphones anyway. However, RIM would really need to make drastic improvements to its ecosystem to make me switch back to BlackBerry.
    Last edited by lak611; 04-16-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typo
    Laura

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    You may also want to look into the new Samsung cross platform app Ch@tOn, which you can find at http://www.chaton.com/

Excellent review by the way
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Ugh, there are so many multi-platform chat clients. I personally use Touch, which used to go by another name which escapes me.

I take that back. I HAVE touch. Never use it. Gtalk seems to meet all my needs, and for that, I use Trillian.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Dave and Roger, you're right that there are a lot of cross-platform IM apps. The main reason I chose WhatsApp is because my friends were already using it.

I also have GTalk and Yahoo Messenger, but more people I know use WhatsApp than those IM apps.
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I tried installing WhatsApp a couple of times and I believe it is a good option, unfortunately I didn't like the way it wanted ed to use my address book to find contacts. I have 1500 contacts in their and don't want them on WhatsApp.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)

PIN/ID
    no more
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    I tried installing WhatsApp a couple of times and I believe it is a good option, unfortunately I didn't like the way it wanted ed to use my address book to find contacts. I have 1500 contacts in their and don't want them on WhatsApp.
    I shared my number with the folks I wanted to keep in touch with via BBM or email before I switched platforms. I sent out a BBM broadcast message and also sent emails. Only those folks got my number, and then they added me to their contact list.

There were a couple of people who did not like WhatsApp for BlackBerry, since they said it drained the battery too much on the 9900. I keep in touch with them via SMS (they are not international contacts, and I have unlimited SMS, as do they).
    Laura

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    ^^^Good idea Laura, a good way of sharing. I am trying the Samsung Charon at the moment, a nice thing about it is you can also message from your computer.

PIN/ID
    no more
    Update: LTE arrived in Cleveland on 31 May 2012. After one month of use of the LTE network, I have not noticed any difference in battery life compared to HSPA+. I usually have about 50% battery left after 14 hours of use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast