+ Reply to Thread

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...rning-Platform... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Nokia After the Burning Platform

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Anyone that works on rigs, most certainly does not want to see this picture!!! I get the analogy, but I am sure they could have found something better, (BP GOM comes to mind and the lives lost), it is a reminder how dangerous oil exploration is and why safety is a prime concern, developing and selling a gadget is hardly a good comparison, what is particularly poignant is that Norway has had it's far share of accidents in the North Sea and offshore Norway (Barents Sea and North Sea) is probably some of the most difficult places to work. I personally have been through the safety drills, got in the escape pods being launched off of a rig not a pleasant experience, seen the drop from the deck to the water, know how quickly hypothermia can set in, or be burnt, or even be affected by H2S and how quickly this can kill. Oh well we are talking phones (smart phones) not life threatening, maybe to a company as to will they survive, but if they don't another company will take their place, life continues. Will Nokia survive it remains to be seen, even with Microsoft, they have a small share of the market, they are behind RIM the company everyone is expecting to go under, they have a long way to go to catch up.

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    ...Geez Dave, I just felt a cold chill going down my spine. Yikes, it doesn't go away. Analogies can in fact be misplaced...

+ Reply to Thread