+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dushdavj

You can view the page at http://forums.pinstack.com/content.p...ew-41MP-Photos... Smartphone News forum

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Article: Nokia 808 PureView [41MP Photos]

Advertisement

dushdavj no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    41 MP, more than the majority of DSLR, mind you they have more glass in their lenses, then there would be the storage requirements for 41 MP, need a lot more than 16Gb! Give me a good smartphone and a high end Nikon DSLR

lak611 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    no more
    I've seen some other articles that mentioned that Nokia will eventually put that camera (or one similar) in something running Windows Phone. It was even mentioned that Microsoft basically got free R&D work courtesy of Nokia, since this camera has been in development for quite some time.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    I believe only Symbian OS software can handle that amount of MP. I dont think Microsoft has access...unless they buy it from Nokia.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Raise your hand if you believe this is really needed.

PIN/ID
    no more
    I really don't see it going anywhere if it stays Symbian-only. Symbian is still popular with cheap feature phones, but it is even more stale and obsolete than BBOS for smartphones.
    Laura

Follow me on Twitter @lak611

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Raise your hand if you believe this is really needed.
    If you are a professional photographer it could most definitely be useful but not with the puny little lens you get on a phone, no matter what in the end the lens is extremely important. So on a phone IMHO 5-8 MP would be good enough for quick photos etc, youwant more than that get a camera with proper lenses
    jfcooley and lak611 like this.
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by dushdavj View Post
    If you are a professional photographer it could most definitely be useful but not with the puny little lens you get on a phone, no matter what in the end the lens is extremely important. So on a phone IMHO 5-8 MP would be good enough for quick photos etc, youwant more than that get a camera with proper lenses
    Yeah, that's what I meant just wasn't clear. I can see it on a real camera, but not a phone. What would the file size be? Youdd have to have a pretty decent amount of storage.

PIN/ID
    Nope!
    Yes, 16Gb storage ain't gonna cut it...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Now if you really want to take good pictures there is always the Nikon D4 which will be released later this month at around $6000 for the body, 16.2 Megapixels, recording in Raw Format, proper algorithms to enhance it even more. I find the quality of pictures (and enlargements) I get with my old D70 are brilliant (much, much lower number of Megapixels, but excellent lenses and good algorithms to enhance the quality). I can but dream of the D4 but cannot justify it as I am not a professional photographer and I don't have that sort of money to spend on something that I would not use enough, but oh I wish
    Love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful, and optimistic. And we will change the world. - Jack Layton (1950-2011)
    Blackberry PlayBook 64GB Nokia 1020, Microsoft Surface PRO 2

PIN/ID
    no more

+ Reply to Thread